TORONTO – PM Trudeau prepares to visit Kamloops, hospitals consider vaccine mandates, and the benefits of the pandemic are about to end. Here’s what you need to know to start your day.
1. Visiting Kamloops: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is due to visit Kamloops, B.C., where the Tk’emlups te Secwepemc Nation announced last spring that it had found about 200 unmarked graves on the site of a former residential school.
2. Vaccine Mandate: After hospitals across Canada implemented mandatory vaccine policies for staff, increasing numbers have turned their attention to visitors and occasional care workers, who also require them to show proof of vaccination.
3. Epidemic Benefits: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau thanked Canadian small business owners for their “dedication, persistence and innovation” on Sunday, less than a week before the COVID-19 pandemic financial aid programs for businesses and individuals are due to end.
4. Booster Shots: The effectiveness of the third dose is still under debate, with Granthshala.ca meeting the current COVID-19 booster shot eligibility requirements in each province and territory.
5. ‘Blue Food’: According to a new research, by 2050 the world will consume twice as much seafood.
One more thing…
career change: Hayley Wickenheiser is a six-time Olympian and award-winning female hockey player, and her achievements now include graduating from medical school and earning an MD during a global pandemic.