Toronto – Canada has now fully immunized 81.41 percent of the country’s population. What else you need to know to start your day.
1. Trudeau Apologizes: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says traveling to Tofino, B.C. for the holiday on the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation was a “mistake” and is focused on making amends.
2. Vaccine Mandate: With a “limited exemption”, federal public servants will have to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 29, the day when passengers in Canada must prove they have been vaccinated before boarding a train or plane .
3. NDP Review: NDP leader Jagmeet Singh on Wednesday caught up with his newly-elected caucus of MPs, informing them that he has launched an election campaign review to pinpoint the party’s successes and failures.
4. Health Care Inequality: Canadian researchers are trying to change the lack of education about black health for medical students by creating the first-of-its-kind health primer.
5. Mental Health: A new report by RBC Insurance has found that nearly half of long-term disability claims among young employees in 2021 were related to mental health issues.
One more thing…
Zodiac killer: An independent group of cold-case investigators say they have solved the mystery of who was behind the decades-old Zodiac murders.