Nothing Says “Winter Vacation” Like Piracy
Respawn’s next event Apex Legends Raiders Collection is what will see the return of the Winter Express game mode.
- Read more: ‘Tim in Listening Party Land’ – Inside the retro-aesthetic game based on Tim Burgess’s Twitter incident
Apex Legends The latest collection program has a nautical twist with many legends getting themed cosmetics. These include Valkyrie, Loba, Revenant, Bloodhound, Pathfinder, Watson and Wraith. One highlight of these is the legendary Revenant skin that adds a salty beard to the robotic killer. Each of the skins has a complementary weapon that is either found in premium currency collections or earned through gameplay on the Rewards Tracker.
Winter Express will also return Apex Legends, There is a limited time mode for each of the last two winters. Players will select a legend that comes with a rotating loadout. After that they will come in and fight to be the last team of roaming winter express train. Each round is worth one point, and players will respond after a round is completed. The first team to reach three points wins.
Watson is also the latest legend to receive an inheritance. These melee weapons are hard to obtain, and many legends have obtained them over the years. Heirlooms are cosmetic replacements for fists and do not deal any additional damage. To acquire Watson’s Energy Reader, players must unlock all 24 collectibles in the collection program, which can cost a fair amount of real-world cash.
The update will also include several improvements for Watson:
- Fixed a problem with the fence “gluing” when trying to place a node near the fence.
- Fixed bug for cases where Watson’s fence nodes ignored player collisions.
- Fixed bug with the blueprint line not showing to indicate where the fence would be built.
- Fixed issue where Caustic’s Ultimate is not zapped by the interception pylon.
- Fixed bug where arc stars could stick and damage the interception pylon
Full details of the improvements can be found at event web page, Raider’s collection event begins on December 7.
In other news, EA has announced that Battlefield Will form its own connected universe with more experiences along the way.