Boy suffers burns after ‘sparking Battersea flat fire with deodorant’

- Advertisement -


a

The teenager is believed to have sparked Battersea Flat Fire by accidentally spraying deodorant According to reports, could be very close to the open flame.

- Advertisement -

Paramedics peeled the skin off 13-year-old Etrin Behzadi’s abdomen and arms and transported them to the hospital on Tuesday. fifty Others living in the high-rise tower block were evacuated.

His mother Sarah, 43, a dental technician, told Mail Online: “I went to a store when my daughter Attis called me and said, ‘Mom, something exploded’.

advertisement

“My son, Etrin, was spraying deodorant in his room and it hit a tea light candle.”

“height=”2048″ width=”1536″ srcset=”https://static..co.uk/2021/10/12/21/FIRE20Battersea202021231222.jpg?width=320&auto=webp&quality=75&crop=15366%3A20488%2Csmart 320w, https://static..co.uk/2021/10/12/21/FIRE20Battersea202021231222.jpg?width=640&auto=webp&quality=75&crop=1536 %3A20488%2Csmart 640w” layout=”responsive” class=”i- amphtml-layout-responsive i-amphtml-layout-size-define” i-amphtml-layout=”responsive”>

/ the countryside
- Advertisement -

She lauded the prompt action of her 15-year-old daughter Atees, who called emergency services in her 20th-floor flat, saying she had saved many lives.

She continued: “The paramedics told my son to wrap himself in a blanket so he wouldn’t go into shock.”

“He is fine now, but doctors have asked me to keep an eye on him in case he develops fever.

“The smoke alarm in the apartment was not working and there is no one in the aisles.”

Her daughter Atris said that her brother had entered her room saying that her body was burning and they needed to get out.

She told Mail Online: “I was in my room and suddenly my door slammed. I saw a bright light from the flame and heard his scream.

“The fire extinguished, but there was still a flame in the cabinet. I wanted to put it out but the floor was covered with glass. I immediately called my mother and 999.

fire scene

“height=”4000″ width=”6000” srcset=”https://static..co.uk/2021/10/12/22/1fef57592a755c9d938577abcd47b1d9Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjM0MTU4NjYz-2.63024944.jpg&width%Cs=martin/w/w //static..co.uk/2021/10/12/22/1fef57592a755c9d938577abcd47b1d9Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjM0MTU4NjYz-2.63024944.jpg?width=640&auto=crop-defining-“i-amphtml-i-amp-layout-html-size-amp-layout -layout=”responsive”>

/ PA Wire

A fire broke out in a flat on the 20th floor of a skyscraper on Westbridge Road in Battersea.

The LFB sent 70 firefighters to the spot after receiving information about the fire at 8.02 pm on Tuesday.

A statement from Wandsworth Council on general fire safety measures in housing said: “Fire extinguishers are not provided in the communal areas of the building. We cannot and will not expect residents to fight fires. “

.

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories