- Advertisement -

North Port, Fla. It’s been a month since Gabby Petito’s mother reported her daughter’s disappearance to police on Long Island, New York, where the 22-year-old grew up and later met Brian Laundry.

Authorities have released pieces of information once a month since Petito was reported missing, but much remains unknown. Investigators exploring Wyoming’s Grand Teton National Park and its surrounding area discovered Petito’s remains on September 19. They later identified his death as one. Homicide.


But officials are yet to say how he died. As of Friday, Petito’s remains were still being kept in Wyoming, where officials have performed the autopsy, a family spokesman confirmed to Granthshala News.

Petito is believed to have been traveling cross-country with her fiancée Laundry in a converted white Ford Transit when she was last heard of. Before her trip, she was living with Laundry and her parents in their northern port, Florida, House.

- Advertisement -

When Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, reported her disappearance to Suffolk County Police in New York, she said she last spoke to her daughter on August 30 at around 7 a.m. She said Petito was last seen in Grand Teton National Park, and listed the laundry. as a potential partner.

Brian Laundry manhunt: Parents of Gabby Petito say runaway fiancé is still alive, remember sad news

Schmidt also detailed the distinctive markings that were on his daughter’s body, including a “Let It Be,” tattoo on her arm.

She later told authorities how in the most recent text exchange with her daughter on August 27, Petito sent a “weird” message to her mother in which she wrote: “Can you help Stan, let me just He keeps getting voicemails and missed calls,” according to a search warrant filed in a state court in September.

According to the document: “The reference to ‘Stan’ was about her grandfather, but according to the mother, she would never call him ‘Stan.’ The mother was concerned that something was wrong with her daughter.”

Schmidt also told officers that Petito began describing how “there appeared to be more and more tension between him and the laundry,” according to the search warrant.

Gabby Petito: Timeline of Missing Woman’s cross-country road trip

Granthshala News was first to report that on August 12, police in Moab, Utah, responded to a call for a domestic dispute between the young couple. In the 911 call made at that time, a man can be heard telling the police dispatcher that “the gentleman was slapping the girl.”

The call appears to contradict a police report in which an officer says “no one reported that the man hit the woman.”

The report continued, “The man tried to distance himself by asking Gabby for a walk to calm down, she didn’t want to be separated from the man, and began slapping her.” “He grabbed her face and pushed her back as he put pressure on her and on the van, she tried to lock it and succeeded by leaving her driver’s door open, he opened it and pushed her over her and into the vehicle. Forced before leaving.”

Gabby Pettito update: Search warrant documents reveal ‘strange text’, tensions in days to disappear

One of the officers at the scene wrote that the incident “could more accurately be classified as a mental/emotional health ‘break’ than a domestic attack.”

Officers are now reviewing the police officers handling the call.

Petito and Laundry began their journey in mid-June and plan to visit national parks along the way. But Laundry, 23, returned to her North Port home without her fiancé 10 days before September 1.

According to the woman’s family, Brian Laundry never called her to say that her daughter was not with them. Her parents reportedly ignored phone calls and text messages from the Petito family, including one telling the laundry they were going to call the police.

According to Gabby’s father, Joe Pettito, when investigators later tried to speak with Brian, his parents allegedly had “papers on the door”, with instructions for police to contact their attorney. .

Investigators seized the white van on September 11 and later executed a search warrant at the North Port home.

Lawyers for the Laundry family announced on September 19 that Brian had gone missing on September 14 after telling his family that he was going to a local reserve. The family has since changed the date Brian was last seen to September 13.

His attorney said Brian’s parents were not physically involved in their son’s extensive search until Thursday, when law enforcement asked Chris Laundry to assist with that day’s efforts.

Shortly after his disappearance, authorities named Laundry as a person of interest in relation to Pettito’s disappearance at the time. On September 23, the FBI issued an arrest warrant accusing Laundry of bank card fraud.

Brian Laundry is still on the run. He has not been directly charged with Petito’s death.

As the search continues, officers visit the T. Mabry Carlton Reserve in Venice, Florida, as well as Fort de Soto Park in Tierra Verde, where Brian saw his sister and camped with her parents on September 6-8 Spent days in search of

Meanwhile, more than a dozen people have reported seeing Brian Laundry — or someone who matches his description — in other parts of the country, including near the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina.

Granthshala News’ Michael Ruiz contributed to this report.