- Kate (played by 26-year-old Simone Ashley) confronts Lothario Anthony Bridgerton, played by 33-year-old Jonathan Bailey, to cast out his objective views of women.
- The teaser was presented by Jonathan and co-star Nicola Coughlan, who jokingly warned fans to ‘dress yourself’.
- Simone was announced earlier this year to play Kate, and her character’s surname has been changed to reflect Simone’s South-Asian background.
- The show has been praised for its mix of throwback casting, and features members of the BAME cast in prominent social roles such as the Duke of Hastings in reggae-jean Page.
- Bridgerton is Netflix’s most-watched series of all time, as more than 82 million homes lined up for viewing after its release on Christmas Day last year.
- The first season focused on the romance between Daphne Bridgerton, played by Phoebe Dienevar, and Simon, the Duke of Hastings, played by Reggae-Jean.
The first look teaser for the much-anticipated second season of Netflix’s Bridgerton dropped on Saturday and debuted a new face, Kate Sharma.
Kate (played by 26-year-old Simone Ashley) defends Lothario Anthony Bridgerton, played by 33-year-old Jonathan Bailey, for taking out his objective views of women.
The show-stopping clip begins with the Titanic character entering the garden announcing, ‘I can hear…’ before Kate interrupts, ‘Sorry, my gosh.’
‘I never got your name. I was wondering if we would meet again,’ says Anthony, to which Kate replied, ‘So you can see if my intelligence is acceptable, my manners gentleman?
They say, ‘You were listening.
‘It was hardly an effort. Seeing as you are announcing your many requirements for wife out loud so that the whole party can hear,’ says the newcomer.
‘I’m already in love with him’: Newbie Kate Sharma replaces Viscount Bridgerton in a new teaser for the period drama’s second season… and fans go crazy for it
Bridgerton questions, ‘You take issue with my needs.
“I take issue with any man who sees women only as property and breeding stock,” Kate said.
‘None of this meant …’ insisted before cutting off with Anthony, ‘Viscount Bridgerton, yes, when you do manage to find this paradigm of virtue, what do you think he will do with your Will you accept the suit?
‘Are the girls of London so easily conquered by a pleasing smile and nothing more?’
Confident: The character of Simone Ashley, 26, opposes Lothario Anthony Bridgerton, played by 33-year-old Jonathan Bailey, for bringing out his objective views about women.
Watch in amazement: ‘When you manage to find this paradigm of virtue, how do you think she will accept your suit?’ She asks the Viscount in the show-stopping trailer
Hilarious: Saying that Bridgeton’s own opinion is ‘absolutely too high,’ she concludes, ‘your character is less like your horseback riding’
‘So you like my smile?’ he asks.
‘I find your opinion of you absolutely too high. Your character is as low as your horsemanship. I’ll say goodnight to you,’ Kate said defensively before storming.
The teaser was introduced by Jonathan and co-star Nicola Coughlan, who jokingly warned fans to ‘prepare yourself’ – the trailer was released as part of Saturday’s Netflix TUDUM event.
It wasn’t long ago that wild fans of the period drama rushed to their keyboards to share their adoration of their latest addition in the YouTube comment section.
‘She literally said you’re a terrible person and you can’t ride a horse for s*** goodnight pLS I already love her [sic], wrote one.
Another said, ‘He is what Anthony needs, someone with character and strength, someone who will hold him to the ground and lock him up from time to time.’
A third said, ‘Kate: “Your character is less like your horse riding. I’ll say goodnight to you.” I love her already I’m so excited!’
Hilarious: Fans of the period drama swoon at their keyboards with their latest…