- The eldest son of David and Victoria Beckham took part in a cooking segment on Wednesday morning with TODAY hosts Hoda Kotb and Carson Daly.
- Brooklyn Shares His ‘Recipe’ for On-Air English Breakfast Sandwich, Revealing It’s a ‘Recipe He Learned from His Great-Grandma’
- Viewers were stunned by his choice of doing a ‘sandwich assemble’ instead of cooking more complex dishes
- Twitter users mocked the photographer, with many questioning how he managed to get a presence in the cooking sector
- Others called his decision to ‘cook’ the sandwich ‘shameful’
- Brooklyn’s guest spot on the show came after he started posting videos of him cooking at home during quarantine – which have also been mocked online
- One particularly controversial clip showed him cooking a pasta dish using sauce from a jar, which angered his Italian followers.
Brooklyn Beckham has landed herself in the middle of a fiery food frenzy after stunning TODAY show viewers in a live cooking segment – during which she simply ‘assembled a sandwich’.
The 22-year-old photographer appeared on the US event Wednesday morning when he shared his ‘recipe’ for an English breakfast sandwich, a dish he ‘learned from his great-grandmother’.
Revealing that he developed a passion for cooking in lockdown, during which he started posting videos of himself making different dishes on Instagram, the eldest child of David and Victoria Beckham shared his sandwich-making process. Driven through to hosts Hoda Kotb and Carson Daly.
but while Today The hosts were quick to praise their ingenious creation, with audiences up in arms over the decision to feature such an easy-to-assemble dish, with many branding the clip ’embarrassing’ and ‘painful’.
Culinary expert? Brooklyn Beckham left the TODAY show Wednesday after viewers were stunned while making sandwiches during a cooking segment
English Breakfast: Photographer appears to make English breakfast sandwich at US event after developing a passion for food during lockdown
Oh dear: Viewers were excited about the segment, with many criticizing the 22-year-old’s cooking skills and her decision to break egg yolks, citing her dislike of runny eggs.
‘Shameful’: Others suggest Brooklyn should never have featured in a cooking segment – especially when so many chefs are struggling to make ends meet due to COVID
At the start of the segment, Brooklyn is seen telling viewers about Dad David’s love of food, before waxing lyrical about his ‘favourite’ cast-iron skillet, which is pre-cooked sausage and bacon. It was full of rashers.
He said that his love of cooking began to flourish during the quarantine, when he started posting videos of himself making different dishes on his Instagram account.
He said, ‘I have always loved food and obviously when the quarantine hit I really started getting into it.’
‘My fiancé (Nicola Peltz) started filming me and I started posting it and it’s something I love to do.’
Brooklyn then began preparing the sandwich ingredients – and that’s where audiences online mocked, with social media users blasting everything from its hatred of ‘runny eggs’ to the lack of butter on bread.
‘Brooklyn Beckham went on TV to show off her culinary skills and made a breakfast sandwich….! I’m done!’ One person wrote on Twitter, as another person added: ‘Why the f*** is Brooklyn Beckham on my TV making an original breakfast sandwich?????’
The photographer and model shared several ‘tips’ during sandwich preparation, revealing that he prefers to cut his sausages down the middle so that he can cook the insides, and explaining that he prefers to cook the egg yolks. Use your fingers to cook them up and don’t run over.
‘Brooklyn I can’t believe you never left an egg running!!! You just ruined a good sandwich,’ one person tweeted in response to his egg cooking technique.
I could talk…