- Check out the latest Strictly Come Dancing 2021 news here on the 30 judges, dancers and contestants of the series
Bruno Tonioli is returning to Strictly Come Dancing for next year’s live tour after dropping out of this year’s TV series.
The 65-year-old Italian judge will reunite with Craig Ravel Horwood and Shirley Ballas on the panel for 33 shows in the UK from 20 January.
This will be the first time he will appear physically with his co-judges since February 2020, the last date of the most recent tour, when he was unable to feature in last year’s TV series due to Covid-19 travel restrictions .
‘I’m glad to be back: Bruno Tonioli making his return to Strictly Come Dancing for next year’s live tour’ after being kicked out of this year’s TV series
Bruno said: ‘I am delighted to be back on the Strictly Arena Tour’s judging panel for the first time in two years.
‘I’ve missed my fellow judges, I’ve missed the glitz and glamor of the tour and I’ve missed the wonderful audiences all over the country came to see us – I hope you remembered me too?
‘I can’t wait to be back with Shirley, Craig, the celebs and the pros. Fans are indeed in for a feast – next year’s arena tour is going to be a grand one.’
Bruno continues to appear in the US version of Strictly, Dancing with the Stars, but has been unable to film the two TV shows together for the last two series – as they have done for nearly two decades – due to travel restrictions.
‘I missed my fellow judges’: Italian judge Craig Revell will reunite with Horwood and Shirley Ballas on panel for 33 shows across the UK from 20 January
Pro dancer Anton de Beke, 55, has replaced Bruno on the panel in his absence, but the Strictly Veteran will appear as neither judge or dancer on the live tour, as will fellow panelist Motsi Mabuse, 40, in his own personal appearance. Work commitments due to reason.
Bruno opened up about the news while talking to Alex Jones and Harry Judd on Thursday’s The One Show.
‘Okay, I’m going to be back and I’m touring,’ began the clearly pleased Bruno.
TV appearance: Bruno opened up about the news while talking to Alex Jones and Harry Judd on Thursday’s The One Show
‘all over the country. I can not believe it. I can’t wait to come and see the fans. You’ve visited Harry, and it’s wonderful.
‘Ten thousand people there, you get such an adrenaline rush. The shows are great.
He said: ‘I can’t wait. We start in Birmingham, a couple of weeks across the country.’
He said: ‘Ten thousand people there, you get such an adrenaline rush. Shows are awesome’
As the current Dancing With the Stars ends in December, Bruno plans to return to the UK in the new year to star on the live tour – which was postponed this year due to the pandemic.
Craig, 56, who also directs the show, said: ‘I am delighted to be back to direct and judge the 2022 tour.
Next year is going to be bigger and better than before. With Bruno back to join us on the judging panel, this tour will just be awesome.’
Shirley, 61, said: ‘I’m really looking forward to reuniting with Bruno and Craig on the Strictly Live tour’
Shirley, 61, said: ‘I’m really looking forward to reuniting with Bruno and Craig on the Strictly Live tour. The audience at the Akhada show is amazing – I can’t wait for January when we bring the show on the road.’
The trio of judges, as well as celebrities and professionals from the current series, will compete against each other in some of the biggest entertainment venues across the UK.
The tour, starting at Utility Arena Birmingham on 20 January, will be followed by First Direct Arena in Leeds, Utility Arena in Newcastle, AO Arena Manchester, Utility Arena in Sheffield, M&S Bank Arena Liverpool, OVO Hydro in Glasgow and Motorpoint Arena in Nottingham. will visit. before concluding with five shows at London’s O2 Arena from February 11-13.
- For ticket information, strictly visitcomedensinglive.com