COVID-19: N.B. reports 3 more deaths, more groups to be offered booster shots

- Advertisement -


Three more people have died as a result of COVID-19 in New Brunswick, bringing the total number of COVID-19-related deaths in the province to 94.

- Advertisement -

One man in his 80s in the Campbelton area and two people aged 90 and older, one in the Moncton area and the other in the Edmondston area, have died.

The province also reported 50 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday. Of them, 26 have not been vaccinated, six have been partially vaccinated and 18 have been fully vaccinated.

advertisement

“I am saddened to learn that three people have died from this virus in our province,” Premier Blaine Higgs said in a news release.

“It is important that we continue to follow the rules, to protect ourselves and our loved ones. This is the fifth day in a row that we have seen a decline in the number of new cases and we all must play our part if this trend is to continue.

Story continues below ad
- Advertisement -

There are currently 57 people hospitalized with COVID-19, of whom 23 have not been vaccinated, five have been partially vaccinated and 29 are fully vaccinated. Of the 18 people in intensive care, 17 have not been vaccinated and one has been partially vaccinated.

With 122 recoveries since Monday, the number of active cases has come down to 774.

Booster Shots for Health Care Workers, First Nations

Beginning the week of October 25, health care workers — including those working in long-term care — and residents of First Nations communities will be able to receive a booster shot of the mRNA vaccine when six months have passed, the release Tuesday said. Will be Since his second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

“It is important that we continue to take steps to protect those working and living in situations where they may be vulnerable to the virus,” said Dr Jennifer Russell. “Our health care workers are a great example of this, because they have been on the front lines since the beginning of this pandemic.”

It said appointments for those groups will be available from October 25, while details of booster doses for other groups will be available in the coming weeks.

The province has previously announced booster shots for residents in long-term care and those who are immunized.

Story continues below ad

The province also said that free rapid COVID-19 tests are now available for those who have not tested positive for COVID-19. On Monday, 11,822 rapid test kits were distributed across the state.

Full list of locations for quick testing is available at both Power of life And horizonwebsite of.

Most of the cases under investigation

Of the 50 new cases announced on Tuesday, 22 were in Zone 1 of the Moncton region. These include six people 19 and under, three people in their 20s, five people in their 30s, four people in their 40s, two people in their 50s and two people in their 60s. All the 22 cases are under investigation.

Two new cases were reported in Zone 2, St John’s area, involving a man aged 40 and a man aged 80. Both are under investigation.

In Zone 3, the Fredericton area, two new cases were reported. These include a person aged 19 years and below and a person below 20 years of age. Both those cases are also being investigated.

Nine new cases were found in Zone 4 of the Edmundston area, including one person aged 19 and younger, one person in their 20s, one person in their 40s, two people in their 50s and their 60s. There were four people involved. All those cases are being investigated.

Story continues below ad

12 new cases were found in Zone 5 of the Campbelton area, which are also under investigation. These include one person 19 and below, two persons in their 20s, two persons of 30 years, two persons of 40 years, three persons below 50 years of age, below 60 years of age and above 90 years of age. is included.

One case was found in Zone 6 of the Bathurst area, involving a 20-year-old man. That matter is also being investigated.

And in Zone 7, Miramichi area, two new cases were reported, involving one person 19 and under and one under 20. One case is under investigation and the other is a contact of an already confirmed case.

new school case

The province said it had recently confirmed a case of COVID-19 in the Garderie les Debroillards in Val d’Amore, which is in Zone 5 of the Campbelton region.

“If you or a family member has been in close contact with a case, you will be notified by a public health or contact tracing facility,” the release said. “If you are not notified directly, you have not been identified as a close contact.”

Since September 7, 56 elementary education and child care facilities have confirmed cases of COVID-19.

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories