The patch is now available for all platforms
Blizzard Entertainment has released a new Diablo 2: Resurrected Patches that aim to fix character deletion problems, and more.
- Read more: Sexual harassment claims, lawsuits, and several high-profile departures – What’s up with Activision Blizzard?
As Blizzard elaborates on stage, a new patch Released on October 12 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 4. The same update was released last night (October 13) for PC, Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 5.
The main update in version 10.12 improves character deletion to “help users accidentally delete their characters”.
Along with this, the update also fixes several crash issues as well as some stability improvements. Here is the full list of patch notes:
- Fixed a crash when using the Legacy toggle after extended play sessions
- Fixed a crash when the Korean IGR Playtime Alert UI appeared (PC only)
- Fixed a crash after launching a game with no existing settings file (PC only)
- Fixed an accident when binding inactive capabilities to the interact button
- Improving stability in the impact system
- Improve stability on game shutdown
- Localization and subtitle fixes
- Other minor crash/stability improvements
Community manager PezRadar noted on the same Blizzard forum that the dev team is currently investigating reports from the EU that the game is not launching on PS5 under the new patch. “We are currently working on bringing the patch back to PS5 in the EU and there will be a new one the next day,” he said.
In other news, a Blizzard Entertainment developer has responded to the criticism surrounding overwatch 2.