Diplo denies sexual misconduct allegations, claims “stalker” is attempting to “extort” him

- Advertisement -


This comes amid reports that he could face criminal charges.

- Advertisement -

Diplo has denied the recent sexual misconduct allegations against him, claiming that his accuser is a “victim” who is attempting to “extort” him.

- Advertisement -

The EDM artist – real name Thomas Wesley Pentz – posted a lengthy statement on Instagram after last night (October 6) Buzzfeed News The report said he could face charges of breach of confidentiality and knowingly passing on a sexually transmitted infection to someone.

The Los Angeles city attorney’s office told the outlet it was considering charging Diplo over a report filed to the LAPD by an unidentified 25-year-old woman in October 2020.

Diplo’s statement began, “I will keep this story easy to read because I know the attention span on the Internet is short and it was my goal to never address a stalker.” “I will refer to him as ‘SA.

“She was an obsessive admirer of mine, and when I cut off all contact with her, it appears that her only purpose in life is to disrupt my work, my business, harass me and my closest friends, and attack me. And threaten my family.”

He continued: “To be clear, SA was not a minor when I interacted or had sexual intercourse with her. Her own text messages acknowledge it.”

Diploma. credit: Ryan Emberly / amfar / Getty Images

Pentz claimed that he had “consensual sex” with the woman and that they later “exchanged texts for a few months”. “[…] There used to be small talk, sexual flirting, she used to send me pictures and videos,” he wrote.

“Eventually it became too much to handle and I stopped contacting her when I realized she had become obsessed with me. It took me and my family and friends almost three years of nightmares of harassing and bullying As started.

In the next image of the post, Diplo shared a screenshot of a text message exchange between the pair. He then wrote that he “blocked some accounts” associated with ‘SA’, “but he found a way to reach me on Snapchat”.

“I couldn’t remember who she was, because I can honestly say, I meet a lot of girls at my job, which I never refused,” he said. “But we started speaking again and she went to Las Vegas to go to one of my shows and said she has a bunch of friends who want to hook up.”

Pentz said that she, ‘SA’ and her friends “ended up having sex” after the Vegas concert.

“SA began posting about our experience on websites,” he wrote. “[…] She started following my family members, the mothers of my kids and girls I would comment on on Instagram. I didn’t know this until a year later when a private investigator discovered they were all coming from the SA’s location under multiple names.

Diplo recalls the time he “was in hiding” [his] neighbor’s house” in an attempt to “ignore” the SA. “Our detective found out he had a prior restraining order against him in Florida after we rounded up several of his fake accounts,” he claimed. “

You can read the full statement in the post above.

Pentz is accused of recording sexually explicit videos without the woman’s consent, distributing at least one without her permission, and knowingly infecting her with chlamydia. These allegations have also been detailed in a request filed for a temporary restraining order and in a civil suit earlier this year.

diplomacy
Diploma. Credits: Getty.

Rob Wilcox, spokesman for the LA City Attorney Buzzfeed News This week: “We are reviewing referrals and have no further comments at this time.”

Last year, the woman who made the allegation claimed that Pentz had distributed revenge porn. She was later given a protective order, which banned Diplo from posting any images of the woman online after a candid photo of her surfaced on Twitter. He was also ordered to remove any previously shared photos.

Pentz later sought his own restraining order against the woman, his lawyer maintaining his innocence and insisting that it was the alleged victim who “harassed” the artist in the first place.

Diplo’s lawyer Brian Friedman told tmz At the time: “Unfortunately, this person has been stalking and harassing my client and his family for over a year, despite repeated requests to stop.

“As a result, we have asked the court to issue a restraining order against him and continue with the matter so that this disturbing situation can be resolved forever.”

Over the summer, Diplo was accused of sexual assault through two lawsuits. This canceled Pentz’s scheduled postgame appearance for the Baltimore Orioles baseball team.

A trial was dropped in July, with Friedman claiming that there was “absolutely irrefutable evidence proving that the allegations contained therein were false”.

“As we shared a lot of evidence with the plaintiffs’ lawyers, they realized they needed to withdraw their case immediately,” he said.

Diplo has denied all previous allegations.

For help, advice or more information regarding sexual assault, assault and rape in the UK, visit Rape Crisis Charity Website. In America, travel rain.

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories