Dramatic video shows students fleeing classroom during Texas high school shooting

- Advertisement -

Dramatic video from inside a classroom at Timberview High School in Arlington, Texas, shows students running for cover during a mass shooting that injured four people.

- Advertisement -

Officials said the firing started after a fight broke out in a classroom on Wednesday morning and a student opened fire. The suspect, identified as 18-year-old Timothy George Simpkins, fled the scene and was taken into custody hours later.

Journalist Nerissa Knight shared a video on Twitter that was purportedly captured by one of the students during the incident.


“My daughter just messaged me that a school shooting is taking place in Timberview HS…she sent this video which is outside. Her nearby school is also on lockdown, and we hear police sirens . Police confirms there is an active shooter. Praying,” he wrote.

In another video going viral on social media, a scuffle is seen between the accused and another student, due to which Simpkins allegedly opened fire.

- Advertisement -

A woman, possibly the teacher, can be seen shouting “I need help” and “what are you doing” during the fight.

Arlington Police confirmed that the video circulating on social media appears to have been recorded inside Timberview High School. However, Assistant Police Chief Kevin Colby said he was not “100 percent sure” if the video was taken on Wednesday.

“All I know is that I saw that video, and that’s what was presented to me,” he was quoted as saying. Dallas Morning News as saying.

A 15-year-old male is in critical condition among those injured in the bullet injury. The condition of a 25-year-old youth and a teenager is said to be fine. The fourth victim was treated on the spot.

Mr Simpkins was taken into custody and charged with three counts of assault with a deadly weapon. According to police, the accused spoke to his lawyer before turning himself in and has been lodged in Arlington City Jail.

A .45 caliber handgun, used during the shooting, was recovered from England Parkway in Grand Prairie.

Following the incident, the Mansfield Granthshala School District wrote to parents to say that the school was under lockdown and that police were investigating an “active shooter situation”.

However, just after noon, the school district put up “all clear” signs to indicate the immediate threat was over. The school district told parents that while students and staff were locked inside their classrooms and offices, they were “being transported safely on buses”.


Credit: www.independent.co.uk /

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories