‘Dune’ Director Denis Villeneuve Supports Release in Theaters and Streaming

- Advertisement -


Dual theater and direct-to-streaming releases have become controversial of late. but Dune Director Denis Villeneuve favors such a release for his new science-fiction epic. And he emphasizes that the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is the enemy.

‘Doon’ currently set for wide release in October 2021

Timothée Chalamet and Denis Villeneuve | Franco Origlia / Getty Images
- Advertisement -

Due to the massive impact of the coronavirus on the entertainment industry, Dune has already seen its share of setbacks – it was initially scheduled for release in November of 2020, then in December.

Finally, it premiered at the Venice Film Festival on September 3, 2021, and a wide release is planned for October 22.

advertisement

According to screenrant, In December 2020, when Warner Bros. announced that an adaptation of Frank Herbert’s iconic novel would be released directly to HBO Max and in theaters, the film’s director pushed back.

Now, it looks like Denis Villeneuve has had a change of heart, which he revealed during a new interview.

‘Doon’ director said ‘enemy’ is an epidemic

- Advertisement -

In the interview in September 2021 time limit, NS blade runner 2049 The director instead focused on the “good news” about the film’s downfall.

“The good news is it’s going to be released in theaters on Earth and in the United States it’s going to happen day after day,” Villeneuve told Deadline.

“The enemy is the pandemic right now,” he continued. “It’s very difficult for theater owners and it is very difficult for everyone, and I felt with Legendary that it was time to move out. We postponed the film for a year because of security. Now since Vaccination has gone ahead, so it’s pretty safe to bring the film to the world. Last year, when we decided to postpone, I understood why; it was about protection. I was sad because I thought I was Leaving people. It’s always a pleasure when a new film is coming out. But, it’s time to hit the road.”

Now, with the star-studded premiere at the Venice International Film Festival behind them, the film is finally ready to meet the public. “Dune,” which stars Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides, has an impressive backup cast including Zendaya, Jason Momoa, Stellan Skarsgard, Rebecca Ferguson, Javier Bardem, and Josh Brolin.

Villeneuve has said filming of the sequel could begin by 2022

As an adaptation, ‘Dune’ covers only the first part of the first book in Herbert’s 6-novel epic. During a press conference before the film’s premiere, Villeneuve told reporters that given the studio’s approval, he could “soon” begin filming a sequel. This is because an infrastructure is already in place, he explained.

“What I would say is that when you do a move in two parts, it’s essential, when you do the first part you need to know what you’re going to do in the second part,” Villeneuve said. . “I mean, it’s been the structure, it’s been dreamed up. It’s mostly been designed. In a way, there’s a lot of elements in it… so I’d say I’m ready to go very quickly now — that shape.” Let’s go early with the film.”

Given all this, he said that some things, such as the costumes, would still need to be made. “So we are talking about months, but if there is excitement and the film turns green soon, I would say I will definitely be ready to shoot in 2022. 2022, for sure,” he said.

So far there is no lack of enthusiasm. Critics are already weighing in, and on Rotten Tomatoes, Dune It has already garnered an 87 percent rating from its community of professional film critics.

This is an epic start to an epic film.

‘Doon’ director says he had to direct ‘Timothie Chalamet’s haircut’

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories