Family of youngest Astroworld victim rejects Travis Scott’s offer to pay for funeral

- Advertisement -


The family of a 9-year-old boy who died after Travis Scott performed at the Astroworld music festival has rejected the rapper’s offer to cover the funeral expenses of their child.

- Advertisement -

Treston Blount carried his son, Ezra, on his shoulders as the concert crew approached the stage. Tristan passed away and his son collapsed. Ezra suffers brain, kidney and liver strokes, dies during crush at November 5 concert After being placed in a medically induced coma.

He is the youngest of 10 victims to die after being injured in a concert crowd.

Scott offered to pay for the funerals of all the victims, but the Blount family rejected the gesture, according to an email from their attorney, Bob Hilliard.

Emails sent to Scott’s attorney on November 24 were reviewed by Granthshala News on Tuesday.

While Hilliard said he has no doubt that Scott regrets Ezra Blount’s death, he also thinks that Scott “should face it and hopefully bear some responsibility for this tragedy.”

“Maybe, and I hope there is redemption and growth for him on the other side of this painful process – and maybe one day, some healing for once victims and allowing acceptance of responsibility by Mr. Scott et al., Treston And Mr Scott can be found – because there is healing in that too,” Hilliard wrote. “For now, Mr. Scott must respect the fact that his pain and his devastation have faded for Treston, Ezra’s mother, and the other victims.”

Ezra’s aunt, Taylor Blount, told Granthshala News’s “Today” that the crowd was a “death trap.”

“The crowd just started going crazy and Treston went, ‘I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe,'” she said.

She said that in the chaos after the concert, her family could not find Ezra and had to call local hospitals to locate the young boy.

In a video posted to his Instagram Story after the concert, Scott said he could “never imagine the gravity of the situation.”

“I’m honestly just devastated,” Scott said. “I could never have imagined anything like this happening.”

Scott is facing lawsuits from hundreds of concertgoers seeking damages. Hilliard and fellow attorney Ben Crump filed 93 lawsuits earlier this month representing nearly 200 plaintiffs, accusing the rapper and organizers, Live Nation, of negligence.

A Live Nation spokesperson said the company is cooperating with investigators.

“We continue to support and assist local authorities in their ongoing investigation so that both fans and their families can get the answers they seek and deserve, and we will address all legal matters in an appropriate time,” the spokesperson said in a statement. But will address.” Statement Friday.

A representative for Scott declined to comment on the lawsuits.



Credit: www.nbcnews.com /

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories