“There is not a single day where we don’t think of you and we miss you so much”
Fans have gathered on social media to pay tribute to Kurt Cobain on the 27th anniversary of the iconic singer’s death.
- READ MORE: Nirvana: Every album is ranked and rated
The Nirvana frontman killed himself at the age of 27 on April 5, 1994, at his home in Seattle, Washington.
Cobain’s seismic impact on music and pop culture has long been felt since his death. Today (April 5), fans continue to share stories, tributes, photos and more to mark the anniversary of the singer’s passing.
One fan wrote on Twitter, “In April 1994 I was not yet 7 years old and I had no idea that your music and your attitude would be such a comfort and rescue in my life for years to come.” “#Kurtkoben will live forever in the hearts and minds of all those who will be listening to the music of #Nirvana.”
In April 1994 I was not yet 7 and I did not know that your music and your attitude would be such a comfort and rescue in my life for years to come. #Kurt Cobain Will be forever in the hearts and minds of all those who are listening # Nirvanaof music pic.twitter.com/P4bZt7tEQJ
– Ila April 5, 2021
Another fan wrote: “27 years ago we lost a legend. You have changed the music so much and made a revolution that as long as people are present on this earth, their heart will always be touched. We think of you everyday and we all miss you very much. “
We lost a legend today, 27 years ago. You have changed the music so much and made a revolution that as long as people are present on this earth, their heart will always be touched. We think of you everyday and we all miss you very much. 4 #Kurt Cobain # Nirvana pic.twitter.com/9HsDAvfz5v
– Qurtsemanto (@kurtsmemento) April 5, 2021
A third fan wrote: “Peace forever. Forever in the heart. free forever. we all miss you. Kurt Cobain 1967–1994, “a fan wrote on Twitter.
– में live in the lap of the gods @ (@xselenababesx) April 4, 2021
“On this day in 1994 the world lost a legend, Kurt Cobain,” the Kurt Cobain archive page tweeted. “There is not a single day where we don’t think of you and we miss you a lot. You will never be forgotten. rest in peace.”
On this day in 1994, the world lost a veteran, Kurt Cobain. There is not a single day where we do not think of you and we miss you a lot. You will never be forgotten. rest in peace. 4 #Kurt Cobain # Nirvana pic.twitter.com/B6PUkGN3kt
– Kurt Cobain UK (@kurtcobain_uk) April 5, 2021
See more tributes to Cobain below:
I remember where I was. 27 years ago, Kurt was found dead at his Lake Washington home. Nirvana was my band! I was bent on music when I was going through a difficult time as an abused teenager in the 90s. I pay a visit to the Bravery Park when I can, to pay my respects. #ripkurtcobain #Kurt Cobain pic.twitter.com/j3lk69lfC2
– John Steele (@ PeacefulVet11B) April 5, 2021
– ukSukursal Rock al (@YoFuiASukursal) April 5, 2021
– वShwani Sometimes n (@darling_Nikkee) April 5, 2021
All morning, hope you all have a wonderful bank holiday.
27 years ago today we lost this man to suicide ago# Suicide prevention #mental health # Commercial # Nirvana #Kurt Cobain pic.twitter.com/fG0EXseO9A
– Tina 🇮🇹🏴🐾💙 (@ Justm3x) April 5, 2021
“𝙨’𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨 𝙨 𝙨 𝙨 𝙨 𝙨 𝙨”
𝙀𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙮 𝙀𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙮 𝙀𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙮
– 𝐏𝐚𝐩𝐚® 𝐏𝐚𝐩𝐚 ™ (@ Ad_M1285) April 5, 2021
– Maple[Kaede] (@x_kaede_x) April 5, 2021
– Alexis Perry Music (@ AlexisPerryMus1) April 5, 2021
– Sergio Andreella (@sergioandreola) April 5, 2021
– Nazrin (@nazrinjamalova) April 5, 2021
– Millennial Max (@Milenial_Max) April 5, 2021
– Albumism (@Albumism) April 5, 2021
– Rock History Pix (@RockHistoryPics) April 5, 2021
– Riri (@salty_childdd) April 5, 2021
– Adam (@ Dabcules_710) April 5, 2021
– f4iryc0rex (@ xj0nnh) April 5, 2021
– Masti April 5, 2021
Today, one of the largest frontages is the anniversary of the passing of the rock… #Kurt Cobain Since a Nirvana / FooFighters fan I can remember …
I know he is entertaining in heaven with grunge and rock.
Drawing by Kurt Cobain by me. pic.twitter.com/Tij4kHjV2b
– Nautilus Art Show (@NautilusArtShow) April 5, 2021
– Metz (@ametzzzz) April 5, 2021
– Kurt (@kurt_sliver) April 5, 2021
– LDFades ☁️ (@LDFades) April 5, 2021
Is it really 27 years !! God i’m old !! One of my favorite artists when I was a teenager, 42 now and has downloaded many albums! Unplugged is one of my favorites !! # Nirvana #Kurt Cobain #Anvaron # Dipped #grunge girl # Congratulations pic.twitter.com/zIJNhn2lhs
– Yelsel (@ Yelsel73226535) April 5, 2021
Earlier this year, Dave Grohl echoed Cobain’s seismic musical influence, as well as discussing the emotional toll of Nirvana’s untimely split.
“Of course, it was an incredibly challenging experience and ultimately one of the biggest beats of my life that Nirvana is still not making music here today,” said Growth, speaking on Apple Music’s Medicine on Midnight Radio.
“Whether it is called nirvana or something else. It is one of the biggest beats of my life that Kurt is still not here to write more surprising songs because it is very clear that he was blessed with a gift.
“I think it’s safe to say that he was the greatest songwriter of our generation. I’m very proud to say that I had to be his drummer and play those songs every night.”