- Advertisement -

Another law enforcement search for the body of Stacey Peterson, a Chicago-area mother of two who has been missing since she went missing 14 years ago, came up empty Tuesday after the woman’s sister said she had learned about alleged skeletal remains in May. Tip was returned. a canal.

Stacey Peterson disappeared on October 28, 2007 from her home in the Chicago suburb of Bolingbrook, where her husband, Drew Peterson, previously served as a police sergeant. His sister, Cassandra Cales, has long believed that Drew killed Stacy, who was his fourth wife, and disposed of her body.


Diving teams entered the water on Tuesday, five months after Cales submitted a tip in May that his privately employed sonar search team captured video of alleged skeletal remains in the Des Plaines River near the Lockport powerhouse, which There is a power station north of Joliet, Illinois. .

Drew Peterson, Convicted Wife-Killer, Says He’s ‘Living the Dream’ in Federal Prison, Maintains His Innocence

- Advertisement -

“I’m not going to stop. If you want to do it right, you’ve got to do it yourself,” said Kales. Granthshala 32 Chicago.

“I’m beyond disappointed. It’s definitely someone,” Kells said of the bones captured on video in an area of ​​muddy water about 21 feet deep. “I can’t say it’s my sister. But why did it take so long to go and get something?”

For the past decade, Kels said he has conducted searches, most recently with the help of an Alaskan man who specializes in underwater searches with a remotely operated vehicle, WGN informed of.

A search Tuesday by the FBI and Illinois State Police came up empty once again.

“Illinois State Police, assisted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, conducted a search of an area of ​​the I&M Canal near Lockport,” Illinois State Police said in a statement Tuesday, according to Fox32. with unsuccessful results. Today’s search was also unsuccessful. No further information is available at this time.”

At a news conference on Tuesday, Kels said, “I’ve basically devoted my life to discovery.” She told reporters that she was dedicated to finding her sister’s remains so that she could be properly buried and proving to her children that their mother never left them, WLS informed of.

“How many times do I have to hand them over on a silver platter to my sister or whoever, and they’ll do nothing again?” he said. “We told him about it in May. But he waited five months to find out.”

The Illinois State Police Division of Criminal Investigation Zone 3, assisted by the FBI, was conducting “an active and ongoing criminal investigation” early Tuesday, but did not release any further information at the time “to protect the integrity of the case”. Will go ,” WGN reported.

Drew Peterson, who has not been formally charged with the disappearance of Stacy, is serving a 38-year sentence for the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. He would follow this up with 40 additional years after his 2016 conviction that he conspired to kill the prosecutor, who put him behind bars.

Savio’s body was found in the bathtub and initially it caused an accident. But Will County State Attorney James Glasgow ordered the case to be reopened after Stacy Peterson went missing in 2007. Although he maintains his innocence, Drew Peterson was convicted of Savio’s murder in 2012, and the Illinois Supreme Court upheld that conviction in 2017.

Peterson was recorded telling fellow Illinois State Prison inmate Antonio Smith that he was concerned that Glasgow would eventually lead the charge for Stacy’s disappearance. Peterson was later moved to a federal lock-up in Terre Haute, Indiana. Eligible for parole in 2081, he is still appealing the sentence for his murder in state courts. Stacy was 19 years old and Drew was 49 when they were initially married.

Granthshala News’ Travis Fedshun and