Half of Astroworld victims’ families reject Travis Scott’s offer to cover funeral costs

- Advertisement -


Lawyers for the victims’ families have called the proposal “nonsense”, “outrageous” and “really unfair”.

- Advertisement -

The families of half of the victims who died at Travis Scott’s Astroworld celebration last month have declined the rapper’s offer to pay for funeral expenses.

- Advertisement -

In the days after the tragic crowd erupted at the Houston festivities on November 5, which killed 10 and injured hundreds of others, Scott offered to cover the funeral costs of all victims. However, Rolling stone is reporting that the families of the five victims have rejected his offer.

Earlier this week, the family of nine-year-old Ezra Blount said they would not accept the rapper’s offer, with family lawyer Bob Hilliard writing that they “have no doubt that Mr Scott regrets” the incident.

“Their journey ahead will be painful,” Hilliard continued. “He must face and hopefully bear some responsibility for this tragedy.”

Now, more lawyers are speaking out on Scott’s decision to turn down the offer. Richard Mithoff, a lawyer for the family of 14-year-old victim John Hilgert, who recently sued the rapper over the tragedy, said the offer was “inhumane and really unfair”.

“It was not an offer [the Hilgerts] Were going to seriously consider it,” Mithoff reported. Rolling stone,

“Of all the things about this case, it is the least of any worries. This family is ready to make the change, and make sure it never happens at a concert again.”

Philip Corboy, attorney for the families of both Jacob Jurinec and Franco Patino, said that Scott’s method of reaching through the legal teams made the families feel that “what he was trying to do was reduce public outrage over his case.” was trying to do.”

“If he is trying to impress families that he is honest and has concerns for them and feels that funerals can be expensive, then what Scott’s team did is not the way to do it,” Corboy continued.

“You don’t get a piece of paper in the mail from a Beverly Hills attorney who says he represents Travis Scott. These families are raw right now; that lacks any personal touch.”

Tony Buzby, representing Axl Acosta’s family, had more explicit words to Scott, calling the proposal “nonsense”.

“If you give a crap about these families, you won’t need to put out a press release for everyone to see what he’s willing to pay for the funeral,” Buzby continued.

“He says he is sorry for her, but he says it was not his fault. He is no different from a defendant pointing a finger at someone else. They don’t want the funeral expenses from him. Whatever we get from them, we are going to get through the court system.”

Buzby previously filed a $750 million (£555m) lawsuit on behalf of 125 attendees of the festival, stating that “no amount will ever make these plaintiffs complete; no amount can restore human life”. Is.

“But, the damages sought in this case seeks to correct, aid or indemnify these plaintiffs—neither greater nor lesser), the damages and damages caused to them.

The lawsuit is one of several filed against Travis Scott, Live Nation and other parties involved in the festival. The negligence lawsuit, filed by Blount’s family and attorney Thomas J. Henry, led to a $2 billion lawsuit on behalf of 282 people who hired him for legal representation.

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories