Harry Dunn family ‘confident’ criminal case against Anne Sacoolas will go ahead

- Advertisement -


Harry Dunn’s parents are “convinced” that a criminal case against the alleged murderer of the teenage motorcyclist will proceed after reaching a motion in a civil claim for damages.

- Advertisement -

The Dunn family spokesman, Rad Seeger, said he was “very confident that the criminal case would be brought soon” after the two sides had “successfully” reached an agreement.

He told BBC Breakfast: “Boris Johnson made it clear at the G7 summit in Cornwall in June that the road to justice has been cleared.

advertisement

“Charlotte and I were both honored to meet with the new Foreign Secretary Liz Truss on the phone yesterday and she clarified that nothing of the sort is happening now.

“We’re just on the hands of the CPS to hear how they’re going to do that.”

- Advertisement -

Newly appointed Foreign Secretary Liz Truss insisted the civil claims proposal was “not at all” the end of the case as she vowed on Tuesday to continue fighting to return the teenager’s alleged killer, Anne Sacoolas, to the UK to face “justice”. Had eaten “

Nineteen-year-old Harry died after his motorbike was involved in a collision with a car driven by Ms Sacoolas, the wife of a US diplomat, near RAF Crouton in Northamptonshire on 27 August 2019.

He was charged with causing death by dangerous driving in connection with the incident, although the US government rejected the UK’s extradition request the following month.

Mr Dunn’s parents, Charlotte Charles and Tim Dunn, have spent the past two years campaigning for Ms Sacoolas to face the UK justice system, claiming diplomatic immunity on her behalf soon after the confrontation Was.

The damages claim revealed a plethora of previously unheard material, such as the State Department roles held by the 43-year-old and her husband at the time of the accident.

Boris Johnson, who met Joe Biden at the White House on Tuesday, said the US president was “personally trying to escalate things” in the case.

However Mr Biden gave no indication that he was ready to refuse Ms Sacoolas’ extradition after the matter was challenged by journalists.

Asked whether the State Department employee would be sent to the UK to face justice in criminal court, he only said the case was “being worked on” and that he was not aware of its current status.

She defended Ms Sacoolas, saying the accident was “not a deliberate act”, based on what she was told.

.

Credit: www.independent.co.uk /

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories