Houston attorney files more than 1,500 cases on behalf of Astroworld victims

- Advertisement -


Attorney Brent Coon said, “What happened at Astroworld was an unconscious tragedy.”

- Advertisement -

The number of lawsuits filed over last month’s Astroworld tragedies has seen a massive increase this week, with a Houston-based attorney filing a total of 1,547 new cases.

- Advertisement -

The move comes hours after lawyers for both sides agreed to consolidate the 275 cases active as of last Sunday (December 5) into one comprehensive case. The new filing was announced on Monday (December 6), and was made by Titanic founder, Brent Coon & Associates. With them, the number of plaintiffs seeking damages for the incidents at Astroworld has grown to nearly 2,800.

Coon filed his cases in Harris County District Court, requesting that all of them be consolidated into a single courtroom; As per the declaration of his firm, a hearing is scheduled for next Monday (December 13). Coon is seeking a total of $10 billion to settle all 1,547 cases, although his announcement does not name who is actually being prosecuted.

advertisement

Travis Scott, Live Nation, Drake, NRG Energy, the Harris County Sports Authority, and Scott’s companies Jack Enterprises and Cactus Jack filed previous lawsuits over this year’s Astroworld events.

In addition to prosecuting high-profile mass tragedies throughout the county over the past 35 years, “I’ve also run a concert promotion company for more than 20 years and I’m very aware that you’ll find these,” Koon said in a statement. How to plan Arrangement. What happened in Astroworld was an unintentional tragedy and it is important that justice is done to all those affected. ,

Coon’s LinkedIn Profile lists him as CEO of Kondog Productions and Real Estate, which is described as “a production company with a national presence with bookings primarily in the corporate and public performance, promotion and music sectors”.

Along with resumption for its clients, Coon is reportedly seeking “legislative action to engage crowd control planning experts to certify incidents, mandatory training programs to prepare for the incident, and to check for any wrongdoing.” for criminal liability”.

“We will rock every rock in this matter,” Coon continued in his statement. “Everyone involved in such incidents has the power to prevent conduct that results in injury to those present.”

Coon claimed that “some defendants have already publicly gone wrong and are reducing their responsibilities associated with such incidents”, which he called “very disappointing”. He further alleged in his statement that “no company or person involved in this incident ever attempted” to stop the deadly mob from taking place at Astroworld.

advertisement

“Trying to publicly dodge the guilty is irresponsible and inconsistent with what is actually going on behind the scenes in these incidents,” Coon said.

Earlier this week, Scott requested a dismissal from the lawsuits brought against him. It was reported that a representative for Scott said the rapper was “not legally liable” for the tragedy; Scott has denied all charges leveled against him, and his representative said he will likely file more dismissal requests.

This came as Live Nation — and promoters of its subsidiary Scoremore, Astroworld — denied all allegations against them in documents filed Monday. The Harris County Sports and Convention Corporation, which owns NRG Park where Astroworld was held, did not request the dismissal.

Live Nation said in a previous statement that it would “continue to support and assist local authorities in their ongoing investigation” and would “address all legal matters in an appropriate time”. Live Nation and other promoters Scoremore also revealed plans to develop a health fund to cover festival attendees’ medical fees and provide mental health counseling resources.

Meanwhile, the families of half of the victims killed during Scott’s headline set at Astroworld have declined the rapper’s offer to pay for funeral expenses. In the days following the tragic mob lynching on November 5, which killed 10 and injured hundreds of others, Scott offered to cover the funeral costs of all victims. Lawyers for the victims’ families have called the proposal “nonsense”, “inhumane” and “really unfair”.

The CEO of Paradox, the medical company appointed by Astroworld, also spoke about the tragedy of the overcrowding, saying that their staff faced the “impossible achievement” of treating 11 people with cardiac arrest at the same time. He also said that he would have “nightmares for the rest”. [his] Life.”

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories