- The 54-year-old entertainer, who joined the show last year, had previously admitted to ‘Tomfoolery’ on the sets of Doctor Who and Torchwood.
- A source said, “It will be disastrous for them. Clearly ITV thinks it’s not a good idea to center someone like John on a family-friendly show.
- An ITV spokesperson said: ‘We thank John Barrowman for two wonderful years on the Dancing on Ice panel and are delighted to be working with him again as host of the upcoming All Star musical special.
- A rep for John said: ‘John is thrilled to return to work for ITV as host on the new All Star Musical.
- No charges were filed against the media personality, after allegations about him exposing himself to Noel Clarke were revealed in a 2014 YouTube video.
- John has previously said that his behavior on set was to ‘reduce awkwardness’ whenever he was filming a sex scene in Torchwood
- The actor said he can now see that his behavior was ‘juvenile’ and it would not be something he would do today
John Barrowman will not return for a third year in his pivotal role on Dancing on Ice, ITV has confirmed — five months after apologizing for exposing himself to historical events on the sets of other shows.
The 54-year-old entertainer, who joined the show last year, had previously admitted to “Tomfoolery” on the set of Doctor Who, where he began playing Captain Jack Harkness in 2005 and the adult spin-off series Torchwood a year later.
a source told Sun: ‘It would be disastrous for him. Clearly ITV feels it is not a good idea to have someone like John at the center of a family-friendly show.’
An ITV spokesperson told MailOnline that John will appear on the channel again when he returns to host All Star Musical.
AX: John Barrowman will not return to his pivotal role on Dancing on Ice for a third year, ITV has confirmed — five months after apologizing for exposing himself on the sets of other shows (pictured January 2021)
They added: ‘We thank John Barrowman for two wonderful years on the Dancing on Ice panel and are delighted to be working with him again as host of the upcoming All Star Musical Special.
A rep for John said: ‘John is thrilled to return to work for ITV as host on the new All Star Musical’ but declined to comment on his departure from the skating show,
No charges were filed against the media personality after the more serious allegations of sexual assault against Doctor Who co-star Noel Clarke exposed herself in May.
Past: The 54-year-old entertainer, previously recruited in ‘Tomfoolery’ on the set of Doctor Who and Torchwood, where he played Captain Jack Harkness (pictured in 2020)
Explanation: John said his ‘high-spirited demeanor’ was ‘only always in good humor’ to entertain coworkers on set and backstage – and not sexually assault (pictured from Doctor Who in 2007)
These events were revealed in a re-surfaced video on YouTube from 2014 and filmed at the science-fiction convention of the Chicago TARDIS.
It was released by The Guardian newspaper which investigated Clarke’s behavior on the Doctor Who set.
In an interview in front of a live audience, Clark is seen regaling fellow cast members Annette Badland and Camille Coduri with stories of John’s behavior on the set of Doctor Who, exposing himself ‘every five seconds’. Clark then jokes with the audience not to do this at their workplace or they could go to jail.
He Won’t Be Back: John Ashley Appears on Judging Panel with Banjo, Jayne Torville and Christopher Dean (pictured February 2020)
Clarke apologized “deeply” for his actions and said he would seek professional help, but has “strongly” denied sexual misconduct or criminal behavior.
In an interview with Weekend magazine, John said that whenever he was filming a sex scene in Torchwood, his behavior on set was to ‘minimize awkwardness’.
He said: ‘I was the star of Torchwood as Captain Jack Harkness, so I felt it…