London, Ont. crash: 8-year-old girl dies, Girl Guides of Canada members among pedestrians hit

- Advertisement -

Members of the Girl Guides of Canada were among those killed in a horrific accident in London, Ont. Tuesday night that injured 11 people, including an eight-year-old girl who has died, the organization confirmed to Granthshala News.

- Advertisement -

In a statement to Granthshala News, a spokesperson said, “Members of Girl Guides of Canada were among pedestrians involved in a vehicle collision on Riverside Drive. Girl Guides of Canada is in contact with local volunteers to help us out with any provide any assistance possible and we will do everything we can to assist the London Police Service in their investigation.”

It is not yet clear how many of its members were injured in pedestrians, the age of the injured or the range of injuries.


In an update on Wednesday morning, London Police said the victims are believed to be between the ages of six and about 30. Police confirmed that a total of 11 people were injured, including an eight-year-old girl who has died so far.

Story continues below ad

- Advertisement -

All 11 attended the hospital, although not all were taken by paramedics. A spokesman for Middlesex-London Paramedic Services said Tuesday night that it had transported eight patients to the hospital.

Police said the exact ages of all the victims and more details about their injuries would be made available on Wednesday.

cast. Sandsha Bo said emergency workers were called to Riverside Drive on Wonderland Road at around 6:45 p.m. Tuesday.

Police said a 76-year-old woman was driving west on Riverside Drive near Wonderland Road when she hit a vehicle that had stopped at a red light.

Police said he continued through the intersection, hit a curb, hit a light checkpoint, hit a small tree, and then followed a group of pedestrians heading east on the north side of Riverside Drive toward Wonderland Road. hit the group. The driver was not among those admitted to the hospital.

Story continues below ad

“At this time, there are no arrests and no charges have been filed,” Bough said.

“It is an ongoing investigation. It may take a long time as the officials of the Traffic Management Unit are collecting evidence and ascertaining what exactly happened.”

Boff reiterated police comments Tuesday night, saying there was no indication it was a deliberate act.

The investigation continues.

, With files from Ryan Rocca, Matthew Trevithick and Andrew Graham

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories