London police taking ‘no further action’ over Prince Andrew review

- Advertisement -


The Metropolitan Police Service decided to abandon its investigation after reviewing several documents, including documents released in August 2021 as part of Giuffre’s civil trial in the United States.

- Advertisement -

“This review has ended and we are not taking any further action,” the force said in a statement emailed to Granthshala on Monday.

Giuffre, the alleged victim of sex offender and disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein, alleges that she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew. She said she was trafficked by Epstein and forced to have sex with her friends, including the Duke of York, when she was young.

advertisement

Andrew has denied Giuffre’s similar allegations in the past.

The Met also said it would not take action after reviewing claims uncovered in an investigation by London-based Channel 4 News in June that claimed “more than half a dozen claims that young women and girls were targeted Epstein and British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell have been trafficked, groomed or abused in the UK for more than a decade.” by maxwell pleaded not guilty sex trafficking and Other charges.

“We also reviewed information provided to us by a media organization in June 2021. This review has been completed and no further action will be taken,” the Metropolitan Police said.

- Advertisement -

The statement added that the force “continues to liaise with other law enforcement agencies that lead the investigation of cases related to Jeffrey Epstein.”

A photo appears to show Prince Andrew with Jeffrey Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre and Ghislaine Maxwell in the background.
This comes months after Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dickey told the radio station LBC, that “no one is above the law” when asked about the allegations against the Duke of York.

“The situation there is that we have more than one allegation involving Mr Epstein and we have reviewed them, assessed them and we have not opened an investigation,” Dick said at the time.

court case

Giuffre’s lawyers served the senior British royal with legal papers for a trial last month.

In trial, Giuffre it is alleged that Prince Andrew sexually abused her at the invitation of both Epstein and Maxwell when she was a minor and incidents of alleged sexual abuse occurred at Maxwell’s home in London and Epstein’s home in Manhattan and their private island in the US Virgin Islands.

Both Buckingham Palace and Prince Andrew have strongly denied her allegations.

But the relationship with Andrew Epstein and Maxwell – Epstein’s ex-girlfriend – keeps haunting him.

US officials have previously accused Andrew of not cooperating with efforts to interview him as part of an investigation into alleged sex trafficking ring Epstein and suspect Maxwell’s operations.

The Prince stepped down from royal duties in the wake of a 2019 interview he gave to the BBC in which he was widely believed to have damaged his credibility. He rarely appears in public now.

.


Credit : www.cnn.com

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories