- The presenter said that she realized how much time she lost with her family after taking time off to recover from the ankle operation
- After 20 years on BBC Breakfast, the mother-in-law of two will host her final show on Wednesday morning
Lewis Minchin spoke about his reasons for leaving BBC Breakfast, saying he realized he might not face another cold of early onset after taking time off to recover from an ankle operation.
The 53-year-old television presenter announced in June this year that she would be leaving the show after 20 years, the last episode of which will air on Wednesday.
And the star has now expanded on her reason for leaving, saying she struggled with early mornings after taking time off last year.
End of an era: Louise Minchin, 53, talks about her reasons for leaving BBC Breakfast, saying she can’t face another winter of early starts
she explained Mirror: ‘In December I took three, four weeks off work because of an ankle operation and I had periods of feeling like I was doing all kinds of things when I didn’t wake up at 3:40am. In the evenings what I want to do – like watching TV with my family, doing family things like that.
‘So yes, I think it was coming out of winter in this period that the decision was made.
She also revealed that the lockdown period had made her accept her natural body clock, as she said: ‘It made me realize that I really struggle with hours… Found them really tough.’
Lewis said she looked forward to having breakfast with her family and doing morning routines with them after she had missed taking her daughters Mia, 20, and Scarlett, 17, to school.
Beloved mom: Louise – who keeps her daughters Mia, 20, and Scarlett, 17, away from the spotlight (pictured in 2005) looks forward to spending time with her family
But Lewis may not have very long time for work because she is reportedly eyeing for I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!
ITV is looking forward to the TV host, who is quitting her job at the national broadcaster next week, to come on board amid the ongoing casting.
Lewis has experienced an incredible 20 year career in presenting and this opens the door to a whole new opportunity.
MailOnline has contacted ITV for comment.
Quality time: Louise also said that she looks forward to spending more time with husband David (Picture 2008)
a source told SunThere is a long tradition of reality TV shows targeting news presenters and I’m a Celebrity is no different.
‘Victoria Derbyshire was on the first show and proved to be very popular with the audience. ITV hopes they can do the same with Lewis and have approached him to come on board.’
The upcoming series will once again be filmed at Gwyrich Castle in North Wales as ITV owners refuse to return to Australia Travel restrictions on the country’s east coast, currently among other lockdown.
The source also claimed that ITV has received a ‘decent offer’ to give to Lewis, with the hope that she will be able to take a break of a few weeks in the lead up to the new series starting in November.
If the journalist takes ITV up to her offer, she could go face-to-face on rival channels with Dan Walker, a former BBC co-presenter who appears on this year’s Strictly Come Dancing.
This is reportedly one of the reasons ITV has him in its sights.
Friendly contest: Lewis is being watched for I’m a Celebrity, which could see her face-to-face on rival channels with former BBC co-presenter Dan Walker (pictured), appearing in this year’s Strictly Come Dancing are giving.
The rumored approach comes after work continued in earnest on Monday as builders prepared the 236-acre property in and around Gwrych Castle ahead of the new series.
Grade I listed 19th century country house located near Abergel in picturesque Conwy County, North Wales, …