- Madonna criticized Instagram for removing obscene photos she shared from her account on Wednesday night
- In a slideshow of racy shots, the 63-year-old singer poses in bed with one of her breasts in a pair of fishnets
- On Thursday, Madonna reposted edited versions of the portrait and branded Instagram’s strict nudity guidelines as ‘sexist.
- They claim the photos were removed from the platform ‘without warning or notification’ and that they find the censorship related to female nipples ‘astonishing’.
- She went on to compare the implied belief that the female nipple is ‘sexual’ to the long-standing ‘lie’ told at Thanksgiving about the treatment of Native Americans at Thanksgiving.
- Instagram’s community guidelines explicitly state that nudity is not allowed and that breastfeeding, acts of protest, and health-related images of female nipples are the only exceptions to the rule.
Madonna has reposted edited versions of the candid, nipple-baring portrait she shared on her Instagram account this week after it was removed for violating community guidelines.
In a lengthy caption, the 63-year-old hitmaker branded the social media platform’s strict nudity policies as ‘sexist’ and compared the unbroken social stigma surrounding the female nipple to the ‘peaceful’ treatment of the Pilgrims natives. With ‘lie’. American at Thanksgiving.
“I’m reposting photos that Instagram removed without warning or notice….. The reason they took over my account for my management was because a small part of my nipple was exposed ,” He started.
Censored: Madonna has re-posted edited versions of the candid, nipple-baring portraits she shared on her Instagram account this week after they were removed for violating community guidelines.
‘It’s still surprising to me that we live in a culture that allows every inch of a woman’s body to show except the nipples. As such it is the only part of a woman’s anatomy that can be sexed. The nipple that nourishes the baby!
‘Can’t a man’s nipple be experienced as sensual??! And what about a woman a** who isn’t censored anywhere.
‘Giving thanks that I have managed to maintain my sanity through four decades of censorship…… sexism…… ageism and misogyny.
‘Perfectly timed with the lie we’ve been raised to believe about the Pilgrims breaking bread at peace with Native American Indians when they landed on Plymouth Rock! God bless America,’ the songwriter concluded, before adding the hashtag ‘#artistsareheretodisturbthepeace’.
Instagram’s official community guidelines clearly state that nudity is not allowed on the platform and female nipples are included under that umbrella.
Protests: The 63-year-old hitmaker branded the social media platform’s strict nudity policies as ‘sexist’, condemned the over-sexualization of female nipples, and compared rhetoric to ‘peaceful’ treatment of pilgrims with ‘lies’ ‘ From. Native Americans at Thanksgiving
Edited: ‘I’m reposting photos that Instagram removed without warning or notice….. The reason they took over my account to my management was to expose a small part of my nipple was gone,’ she began
There are exceptions to the rule such as ‘photographs in the context of breastfeeding, the moment of giving birth and after birth, health conditions (eg, post-mastectomy, breast cancer awareness or gender confirmation surgery) or an act of protest are allowed. ‘
Nudity shown in paintings and sculptures is also permitted.
When Madonna shared unedited racy snaps on Instagram on Wednesday evening, she stunned social media, jeopardizing even her staunch fanbase.
Not allowed: Instagram’s official community guidelines clearly state that nudity is not allowed on the platform and female nipples are included under that umbrella
In a series of images taken in bed, sexagenarian…