- Manchester United will continue to sweat the fitness of star Rafael Varane!
- He was taken off the pitch after injuring his right quad against Spain on Sunday
- Varane won as he lengthened his stride and cut a low cross from Gavic
- It looked innocuous but Varane pointed to the bench immediately after
- After the incident, he was seen patting his thigh while sitting on the bench.
Manchester United will sweat the fitness of Rafael Varane after he suffered an injury against Spain on Sunday night.
Varane won as he lengthened his stride and cut a low cross from Gavi at the cost of a corner five minutes before the interval.
It looked innocuous but the United centre-half immediately pointed to the bench and, though he tried to continue, was soon on the floor for treatment.
United will have to sweat Rafael Varane’s fitness after injury
As a result, Deschamps called Dayat Upamecano to replace him. It was a reminder, if necessary, of the depth of quality at his disposal.
United will be concerned about the extent of Varane’s injury, as he was seen sitting on an ice-bound bench on his right side.
Should he be taken out of action for the time being, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could be forced to face Leicester without both Warren and Harry Maguire.
Therefore, Eric Bailly or Phil Jones could be called up over the weekend as Viktor Lindelof has already been picked to replace the United captain.
More to follow…
The Man United star wins as he stretches his stride and cuts a low cross from Gavic
It looked innocuous but the United centre-half immediately pointed to the bench