Maryland home burns down during owner’s ill-fated snake fight

- Advertisement -


According to local fire officials, a large structure fire that destroyed a Maryland home in November was caused by the homeowner’s unfortunate attempt to clear up a snake infestation by smoking it.

- Advertisement -

according to a Tweet From Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service public information officer Pete Piringer, an investigation revealed that the fire was accidentally started on November 23 on Big Woods Road near Poolsville, when the anti-snake smoke source – coal – came too close to the combustible. had gone .

The fire started in the walls and floors of the basement and then spread upwards, eventually causing more than $1 million in damage.

advertisement

Neighbors noticed and reported the fire; No one got injured.

“It is believed that the heat source was too close to the combustible and that the walls and ceiling area caught fire, unknown and unbeknownst to the homeowner at the time,” Piringer described the destroyed building as a “very large house”. did.

- Advertisement -

“The snake – the original culprit of the process – which the landlord was trying to eradicate from the place using smoke apparently didn’t go as planned,” Piringer said in a recorded statement on December 3.

Piringer said insurance investigators had handled the fire after Montgomery County investigators determined the fire was of an accidental nature.

As for the snakes, Piringer seems to have given up “at least temporarily.”

“I’m not a wildlife expert, but some firefighters saw some snake skins at the time of the fire, while others found it sticking out from the foundation,” Peeringer said in a text message to Granthshala News.

Firefighters carried the snake out of the burned house and were “able to retrieve it and move it safely to an isolated environment.”



Credit: www.nbcnews.com /

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories