This is the horrific moment when a McDonald’s worker lights a torch on the WORMS inside a soft drink machine in a London restaurant.
Customers have been left disappointed by the grim footage recorded at a branch on Old Kent Road in the south of the capital.
A video posted on TikTok by whistleblower @McOldKentRoad shows earthworms seeping into the drain of the machine.
The user – who does not speak in the video – added the word ‘maggots’ to the bottom of the film.
However, giant chain executives say the creatures were actually insects—an explanation that won’t please customers.
He said the drinking station was immediately shut down and a deep cleaning was done.
the spokesperson told mylandan: “We take cleanliness and hygiene extremely seriously.
“Unfortunately, several weeks ago we were made aware of a problem in the creek serving the drinks station at our Old Kent Road restaurant.
“We closed the drink station immediately and our sanitation team identified the cause of the issue which was fixed prior to a deep clean.
“The area was inspected by outside experts and no drinks were served to customers until we were sure the problem was completely resolved.”
disdain for customers
This video has been viewed 400,000 times on Tiktok.
And many of those who have seen have spoken of their hatred.
One user said they dine at the restaurant “at least once a week” – to which the original poster replied: “Don’t.”
Another said: “I come here everyday.”
And the third joked: “There’s a reason it’s the cheapest asset on Monopoly.”
Others said the film was like “something out of stranger things”.
Gross video was filmed after maggots were reportedly seen falling off the roof of a McDonald’s in Becton, east London.
A diner last week filmed larvae swinging across tables and floors.
McDonald’s has apologized and said the store was immediately closed.