Miya Marcano family believes 19-year-old’s murder was ‘100% preventable’

- Advertisement -

Family lawyer Daryl K Washington said relatives of the murdered Florida woman, Mia Marcano, including those on the flight after her disappearance, were meeting on Sunday night to mourn and speak with their attorney. Granthshala.

- Advertisement -

Mr Washington said a “temporary” vigil was planned after days of prayer meetings outside the 19-year-old’s apartment, but added that the family was “devastated”.

“Just to say catastrophe, that would be an understatement,” he said. “This family is the best of the best.”


Through Mr Washington, he issued a statement on Saturday after Ms Marcano’s body was found in a wooded area about 20 minutes from her apartment. He has not been formally identified, but officials said on Saturday that they believe the body to be his.

The family release states that they believe more security measures should have been put in place “to prevent unauthorized entry into Mia’s apartment”, which led to her disappearance.

- Advertisement -

The statement continued, “We wish to emphasize that we believe that his disappearance and resulting death were 100% preventable and we intend to hold those responsible to the fullest extent of the law.”

On Sunday, Mr Washington reported Granthshala The family was “worried about the other parent.

“They don’t want another family to grapple with what they’ve had to deal with in the last seven to eight days… This young man should never have had access to Mia’s apartment. They want to make sure to go ahead.” That young women on apartment complexes – especially college students – that they go out and spend money on and do extensive background checks to make sure there are no predators,” he said.

Ms Marcano, who attended Valencia College in Orlando after moving to the city from Pembroke Pines north of Miami, had been missing since September 24. The body was discovered in a wooded area near the “Timber Scan on the Lake” condominium in Orlando at around 10.45 a.m. on Saturday.

Armando Caballero, 27, was identified as the prime suspect in her disappearance. He was found dead on Monday in what appeared to be a suicide.

Caballero was a maintenance worker at the Arden Villa apartment where Ms. Marcano both lived and worked in the leasing office.

Before his death, law enforcement had obtained a warrant for his arrest.

On the day Ms. Marcano went missing, police used her cell phone records to track her movements.

Orange County John Mina said, “That data put him completely in Orange County, Seminole County, Volusia County.” “Again, the reason we were so intense and focused on the New Smyrna Beach area was because he spent the longest time there. He stayed in the marshy wooded area for an hour.

Sheriff Mina said Caballero was “trying to get the officers out of the way”, but added that 60 detectives in the case would “be able to piece together what happened”.

Police said Caballero previously lived in a Timber Scan apartment.

Ms Marcano was reported missing on 24 September after she missed a flight to Fort Lauderdale to visit family and stopped responding to messages and calls from relatives and friends.

Police said a centralized access key belonging to the maintenance team was used to enter Ms Marcano’s home before she went missing.

Police said Caballero would have access to the key fob. His body was found in the Camden Club apartment in the suburb of Orlando.

Phone records show that Caballero was close to the Timber Scan apartment between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. on the day Ms. Marcano disappeared.

Officials said Caballero had shown a romantic interest in Ms Marcano, but she was denied.

“We are not looking for any other person. We believe, quite conclusively, that Armando Caballero is responsible for this crime and there is no other person or persons we are looking for in this case,” said Sheriff Mina.

“This is not the update I wanted to give to everyone. Our hearts are broken.”

Sheriff Meena said a purse containing the student’s ID and other items was found next to the body.

“Though we are very sure about the identity, the positive identification will have to come from the medical examiner’s office. At this time we cannot confirm the cause of death.”

Mr Washington told Granthshala On Sunday that while they await the release of the body, no funeral was planned.


Credit: www.independent.co.uk /

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories