- Advertisement -

Texas Attorney Thomas J. Henry filed a major lawsuit on Thursday on behalf of the 280 victims of the Astroworld festival that left 10 people dead and hundreds more injured.

The civil suit was filed Thursday by Henry’s law firm in Harris County, Texas, seeking up to $2 billion in damages. Defendants include rappers Travis Scott and Drake, Live Nation, NRG Stadium, Apple Inc., Scott’s Cactus Jack record label, and more.

advertisement

According to Henry, another 120 victims have contacted his firm seeking representation for damages caused by attending the concert.

The lawsuit, obtained by Granthshala News, refers to Astroworld as “one of the deadliest crowd-control disasters at a concert in the United States”.

- Advertisement -

Astroworld tragedy: Travis Scott, Drake, Apple and Live Nation sued for $750 million

280 On behalf of the plaintiffs, Henry claims that the increase in reported crowds, which caused many in the crowd to be “trampled, trapped and crushed,” could have been prevented. In the lawsuit, the defendants are accused of gross negligence.

“The defendants stood to make an exorbitant amount for the event, yet they opted to cut corners, cut costs, and put festival attendees at risk. The plaintiffs collectively set the lawsuit against $2 billion. while seeking damages of more,” the lawsuit states.

The filing claimed the victims suffered “serious bodily injuries” that “have had a serious impact on the health and well-being of the plaintiffs.”

The court papers also claim that the plaintiffs are seeking relief for a range of things, including pain and suffering, medical expenses, physical infirmity and deformity, and loss of earnings.

Astroworld tragedy: Travis Scott, Kylie Jenner ‘devastated’, rappers in ‘constant state of shock’: Sources

Henry said, “My clients want to make sure that the defendants are held accountable for their actions, and they want to send a message to all artists, event organizers and promoters that what happened at Astroworld cannot happen again.” “

Granthshala News has contacted the plaintiffs for comment.

  Travis Scott performs on stage during the third annual Astroworld Festival at NRG Park on November 5.  Ten people were killed and hundreds more were injured in an alleged mob.

The $2 billion lawsuit comes just days after high-powered attorney Tony Buzby filed another $750 million complaint in Houston civil court on behalf of more than 125 fans — including the family of one of the deceased. That lawsuit alleges that Scott and the show’s organizers were negligent in planning the festivities, which resulted in the deaths of 10 people, including one. 9 year old boy.

All the musicians who died were between the ages of 9 and 27.

County Judge Lena Hidalgo—the top elected official in Harris County, which includes Houston—was the first proposed a third party investigation Which will oversee the planning and execution of the crowd control strategy at the flagship festival set up and hosted by the rap superstar.

The Harris County Administrator will work with other city and county entities to review safety, fire and other safety plans at the county-owned NRG Park, where the celebration was held.

A visitor writes a note at a memorial outside the canceled Astroworld festival at NRG Park.

Just last week, personal injury attorney Ben Crump also declared a lawsuit The sold-out celebration of over 100 Astroworld attendees—and 50,000—described the harrowing ordeal as a “failure of epic proportions”.

Last week, a representative for Scott told Granthshala News in a statement that he is still “actively exploring avenues of connection” with families affected by the tragedy.

“Since last week, Travis Scott and his team have been actively exploring routes of contact with each family affected by the tragedy through appropriate liaisons,” the statement said.

“He is distraught by the situation and wants to share his condolences and provide them with assistance as soon as possible, but also to respect the wishes of each family in how they want to connect,” it continued.

Travis Scott watches a crowd perform at the Astroworld festival.  Houston Fire Chief Samuel Pea told reporters at a news conference that officials declared a "mass casualty event" after 9 p.m. Friday during the festival, where an estimated 50,000 people were in attendance.

“For families who wish to reach their team directly, please send an email to the address below where we will have a team to assist,” the statement said, before adding the address, [email protected]

Granthshala News’ Julius Young contributed to this report.