- Newcastle under mega-rich Saudi ownership after their £305m takeover
- Magpie is expected to be a force in the transfer market going forward
- They have reportedly joined the race to sign PSG striker Mauro Icardi
- Tottenham and Juventus are also said to be interested in the Argentine forward
Newcastle have reportedly joined the race to sign Paris Saint-Germain striker Mauro Icardi.
Magpies now have financial strength as they are owned by Saudi one after another The £305million deal was agreed with Mike Ashley and signed by the Premier League on Thursday.
It was previously reported that financial analysts have calculated that the Magpies would be able to spend over £200m to strengthen their squad over the next three years, without violating the Financial Fair Play rules.
Newcastle reportedly interested in Paris Saint-Germain striker Mauro Icardi
italian publication football market, have now reported that they are eyeing a possible move for the 28-year-old striker.
Although the Magpies could face stiff competition for the Argentine forward, with both Tottenham and Juventus also said to show interest.
Icardi initially joined PSG in 2019 on loan, after scoring 124 goals in 219 appearances for Serie A giants Inter Milan.
Newcastle has money to spend after Saudi takeover completes on Thursday
In the French capital, he has faced fierce competition for places like Neymar, Kylian Mbappe, Lionel Messi and even Edinson Cavani, before leaving for Manchester United.
Despite not getting that much playing time, Icardi has scored 36 goals in 72 matches.
Thanks to the support of their new owners, Newcastle will go on to become a force in the transfer market.
Newcastle are currently ranked 19th in the Premier League and currently have Callum Wilson, Joelinton and Dwight Gayle as their available options.
Icardi faces stiff competition for starting places at PSG, who have a star-studded attack force
So it is expected that the Magpies will try to consolidate the options they have in the striker position.
Meanwhile Tottenham were able to keep Harry Kane in the summer, although they may be looking for a striker in the future if the England captain continues with his intention to leave the club.
Juventus lost their main target source to Cristiano Ronaldo after an emotional return to Manchester United, and Bianconeri currently have Alvaro Morata, Cayo Jorge and Moise Kean as their striker substitutes.