Kim Jong-un has reportedly rejected President Biden’s outreach
North and South Korea have reportedly restored a stalled communication channel three days after North Korea tested a newly developed anti-aircraft missile in its fourth round of weapons firing in recent weeks.
Seoul’s unification ministry said the liaison officers of the two countries exchanged messages on a cross-border communication channel on Monday morning, Associated Press reported. Communications broke down last summer after the countries resumed communications for nearly two weeks.
White House says Kim ignored Biden’s proposals for North Korea as regime continues missile tests
Inter-Korean communication channels have remained largely inactive Pyongyang cut them off in June 2020. Experts at the time suggested the move may indicate that North Korea has become frustrated by Spirit’s failure to persuade the United States to revive inter-Korean economic projects and ease sanctions.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un last week called for increased communication, noting that his country refused to exchange messages after Seoul held annual military exercises with the United States.
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki recently revealed that Kim ignored President Bidens The regime continues its missile tests as proposed.
Back in 2019, President Donald Trump became the first US president to set foot in North Korea after analysts predicted that his hardball approach to Kim would trigger World War III, South Korean President Moon Jae-in. Predicted that he would achieve the denuclearization of North Korea by the end of his term in 2022, and that North and South Korea would be reunited by 2045.