Pep confirms Torres is out for THREE MONTHS as Man City striker woes worsen

- Advertisement -


Manchester City could be without Spain international Ferran Torres until the New Year.

- Advertisement -

The former Valencia forward has fractured his leg during the international break while playing in the final of the Nations League.

1
Ferran Torres could be out by new year leaving Man City in more striker troublecredit: AFP

Early reports suggested he could be out for a month to six weeks – but now Pep Guardiola says it could be three months.

advertisement

It is a setback for the champions as Torres was filling the gap left by Sergio Aguero in the center forward role at the Etihad.

Guardiola said: “Torres will be out for two to three months.

- Advertisement -

“He has a bone injury in his foot, the metatarsal.

“The injury could be here or in the national team, I know the manager of Spain very well and he has treated Ferran as best he can.

“They tried to take care of him but sometimes it happens, it happened to Phil (Foden), Kevin (De Bruyne). It’s because there are too many games.


Free bets: Get over £2,000 in new customer deals


“Ferran will go to Spain for a few weeks. Then he will come back and we hope in two and a half or three months he will be ready.

Guardiola has often positioned Torres as his main striker with Brazil’s Gabriel Jesus, who was not trusted to lead the line.

The Spaniard has made two appearances in four Premier League appearances so far in this tenure.

Both goals came during City’s 5–0 loss to North London against Arsenal in August.

Guardiola welcomes Oleksandr Zinchenko and Ilke Gundogan from injuries for Saturday’s home clash with Burnley.

I read our Football News Live Blog For the latest rumours, gossip and deals made

Raheem Sterling ready to pull out of Manchester City as he wants more playing time

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories