Princess Charlene of Monaco has been in South Africa since mid-May due to a series of medical procedures
Princess Charlene of Monaco has shown a brave face as she continues her recovery.
On Sunday, the 43-year-old shared on Instagram a smiling shot of myself With an open Bible in front of him. This is the first photo the royal has shared since she was discharged from a hospital in South Africa after a “medical emergency” a month ago.
“God bless,” the princess captioned the picture.
Multiple outlets had previously reported that Charlene was taken to Netcare Alberti Hospital after an alleged “medical emergency” that occurred at Thanda Game Reserve, where she was staying. Other reports alleged that the mother of two “fell down.”
The news came just days after her husband, Prince Albert of Monaco, dismissed media reports alleging the couple was facing marital problems, prompting them to move to South Africa for months .
Sharon Stone turns heads with Prince Albert of Monaco at ‘No Time to Die’ film premiere
“He’s ready to come home,” the 63-year-old had previously said people magazine, noting that the date of Charlene’s return to Monaco “depends on what her doctors say.”
According to the outlet, Charlene has been in South Africa since mid-May due to a series of medical procedures aimed at recovering from previous ENT surgery. She also got an infection after the procedure.
Albert told the outlet that on August 13, Charlene had four hours of surgery.
On August 26, Charlene took to instagram and revealed that she was finally reunited with her husband and their children. Doctors forbid Charlene to fly nearly 20,000 feet, making the reunion even sweeter.
Royal has used his time to raise awareness on wildlife conservation in his native South Africa.
Click here to sign up for Entertainment News
Charlene recently told South Africa Radio 702 host Mandy Wiener she was “in a waiting game” to be with her family and hopes to leave the country by the end of October. The princess insisted she “cannot force treatment,” as quoted by People magazine.
“I can’t force treatment, so I will be fielded in South Africa by the end of October,” Charlene said. “I feel good, I feel good.”
Still, Charlene admits that being away from her husband and their 6-year-old twins has made the ordeal more difficult.
In late June, Charlene announced that she was being forced to miss her 10th anniversary with Albert due to the need for additional surgery. It didn’t take long for the separation to spark rumors of an impending split. the sources alleged France’s Paris match that Charlene “has no intention of returning” while german color Claimed that Charlene was house hunting near Johannesburg.
Rumors intensified when Albert competed alone in the Tokyo Olympics, while the prince was a longtime member of the International Olympic Committee. Charlene is also a former Olympic swimmer.
In June, Charlene told People magazine in a statement that she looks forward to the future.
“My daily interactions with Albert and my kids help me a lot to keep my spirits up, but I miss his presence dearly,” she said. “I can’t wait to be with us.”
The famous athlete married Prince on July 1, 2011. The wedding was a spectacle, costing an estimated $70 million for the four-day event. They welcomed twins in 2014.
Prince Albert of Monaco rubbishes rumors of Princess Charlene separation amid health crisis: ‘She is ready to come home’
Their planned public anniversary celebrations were canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.