Queen is ‘damaging her image by allowing Prince Andrew to hide in her skirts’ and ‘privately funding his fight against US sex abuse lawsuit’ because Duke has ‘no accessible money’, royal expert claims

- Advertisement -


  • The Queen reportedly agreed to pay for the Duke of York’s legal defense last year
  • Royal correspondent Katie Nicholl claims her endorsement is ‘damaging her image’
  • Prince Andrew ‘categorically’ denies Virginia Giuffre allegations

- Advertisement -

A royal expert has claimed that sheltering Prince Andrew at Balmoral and ‘privately funding his fight against a US sexual abuse trial’ is damaging the Queen’s image.

The Duke of York, 61, is being prosecuted in New York by Virginia Giuffre, now 38, who claims he sexually assaulted her at the age of 17 on three separate occasions – London, New York In and on the Caribbean island of billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

advertisement

The Queen’s second son Andrew, who is not facing any criminal charges, ‘categorically’ denies Ms Giuffre’s allegations.

Royal, now back in his 30-room mansion at the Royal Lodge in Windsor, reportedly with his mother and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, to evade papers informing about the bomb sex case Spent three weeks at Balmoral.

- Advertisement -

Soon after his disastrous interview on BBC Newsnight, Her Majesty, 95, agreed last year to pay for the Duke’s legal defence, daily Telegraph.

But as royal correspondent Katie Nicholl told True Royalty TVThe Royal Beat The Queen ‘So Publicly Supporting Andrew’, Who Has ‘No Accessible Money’ Is ‘Having Her Image’ – Particularly In America.

Rani at the Balmoral Cricket Pavilion on 1 October

A royal expert has claimed that sheltering Prince Andrew at Balmoral (pictured left) and ‘privately funding his fight against the US sex abuse trial’ is harming the Queen’s image.

Ms Nicholl said: ‘Andrew has no … accessible money. He simply had to sell his chalet in Verbier – there was a massive mortgage. I don’t think there is any money you would associate with a dukedom.

‘[The Queen] giving him shelter. She is allowing him into Balmoral and allowing him to hide in her skirt. And I think it’s to the image of the Queen, especially in America, that it’s damaging to her.

“People are concerned that the Queen is publicly supporting Andrew,” concluded Ms Nicholl.

It comes after it was revealed that Andrew’s legal team would be allowed to review an earlier secret agreement that his lawyers hope will save him from a sexual abuse trial in the US.

Royal correspondent Katie Nicholl (pictured) told True Royalty TV's The Royal Beat that the Queen is 'so public support of Andrew', who has 'no accessible money', that she is 'damaging her image'

Royal correspondent Katie Nicholl (pictured) told True Royalty TV’s The Royal Beat that the Queen is ‘so public support of Andrew’, who has ‘no accessible money’, that she is ‘damaging her image’

A US district judge on Wednesday allowed lawyers for the Duke of York to obtain a copy of a confidential settlement between the late financiers Jeffrey Epstein and Virginia Giuffre.

Sarah Ferguson likely to be ‘subpoenaed’ if Prince Andrew fails to get Virginia Roberts’ case out of court in New York

Relatives, colleagues and even ex-wife Sarah Ferguson could be forced into court to answer questions about Prince Andrew, what the Duke should do At the end of this month in New York, a case of sexual abuse has got the green signal.

The Duke is preparing to privately hand over ‘personal documents’ in an intrusive process that could see relatives and royal aides being dragged into proceedings, reports Wire.

This could include ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, who remains loyal to the embattled Duke, who could face subpoenas if Andrew fails to work out his case.

As the Sunday Telegraph reports, royal insiders fear any such move would be a ‘very painful’ process that Andrew’s lawyers would only enter with ‘reasonable caution’.

The Duke has until October 29 to respond to the civil suit, with a remote hearing scheduled for November 3.

advertisement

Ms Giuffre, who has also accused Epstein of abuse, signed a settlement agreement with the financier in 2009 as part of the Florida state case – to which Duke was not a party.

The deal between him and Esptine, who died in a prison cell in 2019 awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges, remains confidential.

Epstein’s estate had agreed to allow Prince Andrew’s legal team to review the legal document, but court approval was required.

District Judge Loretta Presca approved at a hearing yesterday in Manhattan.

At a hearing last month, Prince’s lawyer Andrew Brettler told the judge overseeing Ms Giuffre’s trial that he believed the settlement ‘exempts our client from any and all liability.’

During the case’s first pre-trial hearing last month, he said: ‘There has been an agreement that the plaintiff has entered into a prior action that exempts Duke and others from any and all possible liability.’

However, David Boise, one of the lawyers representing Ms Giuffre, said during a court filing last month that he believed the settlement was ‘irrelevant’ to his case against the prince.

They said: ‘While we believe that the release is irrelevant to the case against Prince Andrew, now that the service has been accepted and the case is proceeding for determination of merit, we believe that Prince Andrew’s counsel should be reviewed. have the right to be released and to give whatever arguments they deem fit on the basis of that.’

Mr Brettler said in an email that he expected to receive a settlement from Ms Giuffre’s lawyers soon.

Ms Giuffre is accusing Prince of having sex with her after learning that she was trafficked by Epstein and that she was underage.

She alleged that it happened at the London home of Epstein’s longtime aide Ghislaine Maxwell.

She also said that the prince abused her at Epstein’s mansion in Manhattan and Epstein’s private island in the US Virgin Islands.

David Boise (pictured), one of the lawyers representing Ms Giuffre, filed in a court last month that she believed the settlement was 'irrelevant' to her case against the prince.

At a hearing last month, Prince's lawyer Andrew Brettler (pictured) told the judge overseeing Ms Giuffre's trial that he believed the settlement 'exempts our client from any and all liability. '

At a hearing last month, Prince’s lawyer Andrew Brettler (pictured right) told the judge overseeing Ms Giuffre’s trial that he believed the settlement ‘exempts our client from any and all liability’ .’ However, one of the attorneys representing Ms Giuffre, David Boise (pictured left), said in a court filing last month that he believed…

.

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories