- Social media users have outraged Nicki’s stance after 28-year-old Miley was called out for a similar scenario in 2015.
- Nicki accuses Little Mix fans of bullying Jesse after taking a swipe at Leigh-Anne in Instagram livestream
- Nicky also defended Jesse against the ‘blackfishing’ claims and instead accused Leigh-Anne of trying to ruin her former bandmate’s career.
- ‘Blackfishing’ is a term used to refer to a white person attempting to show black heritage
- In leaked messages allegedly sent by Leigh-Anne to the influential Nohun, the star accused Jessie of blackfishing her latest single, Boyz.
- Jessie left Little Mix back in December 2020 and has since revealed that she no longer talks to her former bandmates Leigh-Anne, Perrie Edwards and Jade Thirlwall.
Nicki Minaj has been branded as the ‘queen of hypocrisy’ by furious fans after defending Jesy Nelson in ‘Blackfishing Row’, despite blasting the likes of Miley Cyrus for cultural appropriation.
The rapper, 38, is embroiled in a row with Little Mix’s Leigh-Anne Pinnock, in which she branded the singer and the group as a ‘jealous sad clown’ after leaked Instagram messages called Leigh-Anne ‘Jesse’ Slogan for ‘Blackfishing’.
But social media users have relented to Nicki’s stance after she called out Miley for a similar scenario in 2015, while she also slammed artists including Cardi B for using black culture.
Drama: Nicki Minaj is branded as the ‘Queen of Hypocrisy’ after defending Jesy Nelson in ‘Blackfishing Row’, despite previously blasting Miley Cyrus for cultural appropriation.
Six years ago, Nicki and Miley, 28, were embroiled in major drama, as Nicki brutally addressed Miley’s earlier comments while collecting her Best Hip Hop Video award at the VMAs.
Looking at the Wrecking Ball singer, she said: ‘Now, back to this b***h, that day I had a lot to say in the press about…’ Miley, what’s good?’
Despite defending Miley at the time, Nicki later explained in an interview. The New York Times Magazine How did the issue go deeper than that, as she suggested Miley was guilty of cultural appropriation.
Make up your mind: Nicki defends Jesy Nelson (left) over claims of blackfishing in her Boys music video, but previously called out Miley Cyrus (right) on a similar scenario
Under Fire: Defense: The 38-year-old rapper has been embroiled in a row with Little Mix’s Leigh-Anne Pinnock (pictured) in which she called the singer and group a ‘jealous sad clown’.
She said: ‘The fact that you feel upset about me over something that affects black women, I think you have some big balls.
‘You’re in videos with black men, and you’re bringing out black women on your platform, but you don’t want to know how black women feel about something important? Come on, you can’t want good without bad.’
The Anaconda hitmaker continued the singer: ‘If you want to enjoy our culture and our lifestyle, bond with us, dance with us, have fun with us, twerk with us, rap with us,’ You should also know what affects us, what is bothering us, what we feel is unfair to us. You should not know this.’
Two’s Company: Nicky collaborates with Jessie for her debut solo single The Boys (featured together in music video)
Amid the ongoing drama between Little Mix and Jessie, fans have taken to Twitter to express their opinion on Nicki’s involvement, after her previous comments about Miley dubbing her a ‘hypocrite’.
‘Never forget Nicki Minaj criticizes Miley over black phishing, the queen of hypocrisy strikes again!!’ One person tweeted.
While another commented: ‘Nicki Minaj has made a career out of other artists. Hypocrisy!’
‘Wasn’t Nicki also the one who went on Iggy for blackfishing in her last music video, but then she was defending Jesse? As if Jesse isn’t doing the same thing? Or when…