- Advertisement -

Rachel Ray reveals she is grateful to be alive after suffering two tragedies at her New York properties, nearly a year apart from each other.

In August of 2020, the 53-year-old celebrity TV chef revealed that his home in Lake Luzerne, New York, burned down in a fire. The cause was determined that his chimney was a problem starting in the chimney that allowed the flames to spread to the roof.

advertisement

Ray, her husband John Cusimano and their dog Bella were fortunately not harmed in the fire. However, she said in a video after the fire that she lost “15 years of memories, 40 years of notebooks, drawings, ideas, my life’s work”.

In September, she revealed that her New York City apartment was one of the most damaged by floods after record-breaking and unpredictable rainfall damaged a large part of the city. As if that wasn’t bad enough, her beloved dog also passed away amid the coronavirus pandemic.

- Advertisement -

Authorities say Rachel Ray’s New York house caught fire in her chimney

in an interview with Excessive, Ray explained that, despite the struggles he’s experienced this year, he said he was most grateful to be “alive.”

“When I lost my dog ​​I was so grateful that I could be with him for the last several months of his life,” she explained. “She died in my arms… I felt guilty and grateful at the same time… People suffered real human harm from COVID or because they couldn’t care… and how many people died alone.”

She continued to note that the damage the world suffered during the pandemic put its material loss in perspective.

Rachel Ray’s Upstate New York home damaged in fire

“The fire, the chimney buried under the roof, that’s all life,” she explained. “So many people wrote to me and reached out and said we lost a lot too, I mean it’s just bad luck … the apartment, we weren’t there … the leaks got bigger and the roof was damaged And we thought we had made everything right… Then Ida… the whole apartment, it was just raining inside.”

Rachel Ray opened up about the fire that took her home in New York last year.

Ray’s comments echo what she said at the time of the fire, noting that not only could things have been worse, she was grateful to first responders for making sure everyone was okay.

“Thanks to our local first responders for being kind and compassionate to our home and saving what we can. Grateful that my mom, my husband, my dog… we’re all fine. These days for which we should all be grateful for what we have, not what we have lost.” she wrote. “…I lost my phone (posting via a team member) Thanks for all the well wishes, concern and outreach, but can’t text and return calls at this time…!”