Taiwan must stand as an independent country or we can hand over the rest of the Pacific to China
President Joe Biden may let Taiwan slip away like Afghanistan. On Saturday 9 October, Chinese President Xi Jinping said that reunification with Taiwan “should and will happen.”
no no no. Taiwan must stand as an independent country or we can even hand over the rest of the Pacific to China.
It has been a tough month with China and Taiwan. You heard about 150 Chinese fighter jets flying over Taiwan’s airspace in 4 days, including a “gorilla package” of 38 jets meant to simulate wartime airstrikes.
Make no mistake: America is already involved. On October 7, the Wall Street Journal and Politico confirmed that small teams of US Marines and Special Operations Forces were in Taiwan for training. China’s state-run Global Times quipped, “See if the PLA will launch a targeted air strike to eliminate those US invaders.”
Taiwan will not start war with China, says top military official
Marines on Taiwan are a good start, but increasing military activity by China suggests a risk war in the Pacific.
And that puts America in trouble. Wargames run by the US military show that it is nearly impossible to prevent a large-scale amphibious invasion by China, unless US forces and allies are already on the scene. Consider this too. After Biden’s loss to Afghanistan, I wouldn’t be surprised if China is thinking of a swift air strike or landing troops at the airport and re-announcing Taiwan with China.
President Biden can’t waste a chance to stop China and stop fighting in the Pacific. Here are five important steps:
1. Add more Marines, Army and Air Force personnel to train with Taiwan’s military. Moving US military forces through Taiwan for exercises is the best way to stop China. It worked in Europe. Tripwire forces have two effects: they prepare Taiwan and the allies to respond rapidly, and their presence increases the cost of starting a war. Xi Jinping does not want to run on US Marines to take Taipei in a coup. This is the resistance. Since China has zero recent war experience, US countermeasures must be clear and unmistakable.
2. Recognize Taiwan. On October 6, four US Congressmen called for full recognition of Taiwan. He has the right idea. Taiwan has 23 million people and the world’s 21st largest economy but Taiwan was kicked out of the United Nations in the 1970s to favor China. “No major power would dare to openly recognize Taiwan as an independent sovereign state,” the Global Times taunted on October 10. Here’s a golden opportunity for Biden to garner some international respect. It should recognize Taiwan and ask China to fill it.
Sen cottons on China warning: XI waging Cold War and ‘Biden is losing’
3. Accelerate arms sales. Taiwan is buying new F-16V fighter aircraft, Abrams tanks, MQ-9 Reaper surveillance and attack drones and, of course, Patriot air defense missiles. Taiwan would also love the ultra-sophisticated F-35s. Trump approves the sale and Biden continues them, but the build-up takes time. Taiwan won’t get all the planes until 2026. Taiwan should go to the top of the line.
- Carol Roth: Our government’s plan to make America a socialist is working
- Karin Ruhkala: ‘We The Parents’ Won’t Keep Silent While the Education Establishment Lies to Our Children
- Ricky Schlott: Parents have a wake-up call about kids and technology. Here’s a Gen Z-er. have advice
4. Call for China’s reckless nuclear construction. China is on track to double or triple its nuclear arsenal. It’s amazing. According to the commander of the US Strategic Command, Admiral Charles Richard, China is also building new, fast breeder reactor nuclear power plants that can produce weapons-grade plutonium.
Click here to get Rai News
China only had a small nuclear missile force during the Cold War, so the build-up is a huge and volatile change. Biden should call China to the world, especially since China refuses to participate in nuclear arms control.
5. Abandon the slow appeasement policy that handcuffed US forces in the Pacific. On 6 October, National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan told his Chinese counterpart that the US wanted “responsible competition” and “open lines of communication”.
This specific Team Biden lingo is pretty weak. Behind the scenes, administration officials have also leaned on military commanders not to incite the Chinese and minimize the moves of the regular force. There is no way to increase this immunity. Words are counted. Team Biden needs a clear and strong stance.
It is expected that China will be furious if Biden takes any of these steps. Face it, China is crazy about everything America does all the time. He is a wrathful regime.
Time is running out to withdraw threats from China and save America.
Click here to read more from Rebecca Grant