Ringo Starr says The Beatles turned down reunion concert offer in 1973

- Advertisement -


Starr said the proposed inaugural act would “feature a man wrestling a shark”.

- Advertisement -

Ringo Starr opened up about a bizarre reunion offer he made to The Beatles in 1973, which he turned down.

- Advertisement -

one in New Yorker Today (October 11) profile on Paul McCartney, it was revealed that McCartney went to Los Angeles to meet John Lennon that year, following his breakup with Yoko Ono.

The two’s brief time together – which reportedly included studio sessions with Stevie Wonder and Henry Nilsson – sparked rumors of a Beatles reunion.

advertisement

The star is shown in profile talking about the band turning down “one fate” in order to reunite for a concert, with the opening act of a man wrestling a shark.

“We called each other and said no,” said the star. “Now we were taking our own roads.”

Star in 1973. credit: Michael Putland/Getty Images.

Profile focused on The Beatles: Get Back, an upcoming three-part documentary series by director Peter Jackson due out in November.

The limited series proposes a different take on the making of the band’s 1970 album Let It Be, which was originally captured in the film of the same name.

The star is quoted earlier in the profile about his reaction after a private screening of the series. “He gave some joy!” Star told the author. “That was always my argument – we were laughing” And Anger.”

advertisement

Yesterday (October 10), McCartney dispelled long-standing rumors about the band’s breakup BBC interview, stating that Lennon was responsible for their split.

“I did not provoke partition. That was our Johnny,” he said. “It was my band, this was my job, this was my life, so I wanted to keep it going.”

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories