School tribute to boy, 15, stabbed to death outside Huddersfield school gate

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

The school after a 15-year-old boy was stabbed to death said it was “absolutely devastated” by the loss of an “amazing student”.

The attack took place at 2.45 pm on Wednesday near the entrance of the North Huddersfield Trust School in Woodhouse Hill.

The victim was treated on the spot and taken to Leeds General Infirmary for emergency surgery but was later pronounced dead.

In a statement posted on the North Huddersfield Trust School website, Head Andrew Fell said: “It is with great sadness that I must tell you that after an incident on Woodhouse Hill Road yesterday, one of our students tragically lost his life. Lost life.

See what happened? If yes, email [email protected]

Mr Fell said the news was “really shocking” for the school and that classes would not resume until 10.30 am, while aid would be made available for students who needed it.

Mr Fell said: “West Yorkshire Police have launched an urgent investigation, so it would be inappropriate to make any further comment at this time. I urge everyone not to engage in speculation about possible causes or perpetrators and allow the police to conduct their own investigation.” A statement has been issued.

“Our deepest sympathies are with the student’s family and friends who must feel, as we do, utterly devastated. They have lost a loved one and we have lost an amazing student from our school community. Have given.”

A 46-year-old father who has a son in school told yorkshire live: “It was a scary moment when I heard there was trouble and a teacher answered my 14-year-old son’s phone. I understand he must have seen some of what had happened.

“I was asked by the staff to come and pick him up. I heard it all came out of nowhere. This student was held, pinned to the floor and stabbed repeatedly. ,

Another father, whose daughter is in school, said “something needs to be done” about the increase in crime in the area, adding: “My daughter had just started there and was on her way home by bus.

“He saw the scuffle but did not see the knife or the blood. The bus was pulled over because it happened so something blocked the event – it seems fine but is still processing it I guess. She is currently in her third week at this new school.”

The schoolboy has not yet been named, but police said they have identified “multiple witnesses” to the attack, which officials were called at 2.54 pm.

The Senior Investigative Officer, Detective Superintendent Mark Bowes, said: “Our investigation is still at a very early stage, and we will conduct extensive inquiries to establish the full circumstances surrounding this incident, which resulted in a completely unexplainable life of a young man.” loss has occurred.

“We recognize that an incident of this nature would cause understandable shock and concern in the community, and we are working closely with our partners in the Kirklees District to reassure people in the area and keep them updated. We are increasing our presence in the U.S. as our investigation progresses.”

Credit: /

- Advertisement -

Recent Articles

Related Stories