Shocking moment woman is left ‘paralysed’ after being spiked on a night out

- Advertisement -


A young woman has released a video of herself “completely paralyzed” to warn others about the dangers of going out at night.

- Advertisement -

Shocking footage shows university student Ilana al-Baz, lying on a ladder, struggling to move after the alleged spiking incident. He is shown trying to climb the stairs, his head falling on the banister repeatedly.

20-year-old student of the University of Bristol allowed BBC To circulate the clip to highlight the dangers of spiking.

advertisement

Ms El-Baz believes she was stopped by a fellow club, who approached her and asked her to dance.

He said BBC: “The moment I told her I was with my boyfriend, she completely left me.

- Advertisement -

“An hour later I went back home and it hit and I was completely paralyzed”.

She said she was grateful she was with her friends and called on clubs to do more to stop spiking. Ms El-Baz suggested that clubs should put lids on their drinks to reduce the risk of people tampering with their drinks.

“The fact that they don’t is shocking”, she said.

Ms. El-Baz was told by students across the country that they would boycott bars and clubs today to protest the incidents of spiking across the country.

Girls Night in the campaign will begin in Southampton and spread to 43 university cities over the next fortnight, mail online informed of.

A boycott action, called ‘Girls Night in Newcastle’, is encouraging drinkers to stay at home on Thursday 28 October instead of going to the city’s nightspots.

At the University of St Andrews, random bag searches, security patrols and testing of untraceable drinks will be introduced.

Home Secretary Priti Patel sought an update from the police after several reports that women were given needle injections in nightclubs.

Nottinghamshire Police said it was investigating 15 reports of injection spiking this month.

He added that victims had reported effects that were “consistent with the substance being administered”.

He also said that in one reported case an injury had been identified “which may correspond to a needle.”

Sarah Buckley told bbc radio nottingham She woke up in hospital in September after a suspected spike attack at a nightclub.

She said she had to undergo a hepatitis test after a pin prick wound was found on her hand.

.

Credit: www.independent.co.uk /

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories