Stanley Tucci has detailed how he ‘can’t eat everything he wants’ even three years after undergoing grueling oral cancer treatment.
The 60-year-old actor shared details about his health battle during an appearance in Lorraine on Thursday as he explained how he used his love of food to explain his cancer battle in his new memoir.
Stanley also revealed that he was forced to feed through a tube for six months while he underwent radiation therapy treatment on his throat, which destroyed his taste buds and saliva.
Views: Stanley Tucci elaborates how three years after grueling oral cancer treatment, he still ‘can’t eat everything he wants’
Detailing his cancer battle, Stanley said: ‘It was bad … worse than I thought. The tumor was so big that it could not function. The cancer did not metastasize.’
Describing his treatment that involved radiation that destroyed his taste buds and saliva, the Hunger Games star added three years and still can’t eat everything he used to enjoy.
He said: ‘I ate through a feeding tube for six months. Three years later, everything is fine, but I still can’t eat everything I want to eat.’
Stanley also revealed that he had lost his sense of taste for five days after contracting Covid-19 last year, adding: ‘It was a little bit jarring.’
The Open: The actor shared insight into his health battle during an appearance on Thursday’s episode of Lorraine
Insight: Stanley Reveals How He Used His Love of Food to Explain His Cancer Battle in His New Memoir
Difficult: Stanley also revealed that he was forced to feed through a tube for six months while undergoing radiation therapy treatment to his throat.
Stanley previously revealed that he lost about 30 pounds while he was undergoing treatment for oral cancer after losing his sense of taste during chemotherapy.
The Burlesque actor also said that his ‘taste buds and salivary glands were destroyed, like the inside of my mouth, and it really took two years to get back to almost normal.’
The actor recently revealed that his tongue tumor was too big for an operation, so he had to undergo high-dose radiation and chemotherapy.
Worrisome: Detailing his cancer battle, Stanley said: ‘It was bad … worse than I thought. The tumor was so big that he couldn’t function.
Close Call: Stanley also revealed that he lost his sense of taste for five days after contracting Covid-19 last year, adding: ‘It was a bit of a panic’
A Hard Way: Stanley Details His Cancer Battle, Using His Love of Food to Tell the Story of His Life in His New Memoir
It was during this time that the actor lost his taste.
Asked what it was like to go through it, Tucci replied ‘It was devastating.’
He added, ‘Fortunately, the cure rate was very high. So now it’s been three years and everything is fine, but I was not able to eat solid food for six months.’
Though his battle with cancer clearly took his toll, the actor took a moment to note how happy he is to be alive.
‘That said, it’s a small price to be able to stay alive and support your family,’ he said.
The Open: The Hunger Games star recently revealed that her tongue tumor was too large to be operated on, so she faced high-dose radiation and chemotherapy
Keeping busy: The actor has been busy in recent years with several projects coming up on the horizon; Seen in the movie La Fortune
Now cancer free, the actor has stepped back into the fast-paced entertainment industry in recent years.
The actor has roles in two series that are currently filming. The first is Inside Man, about a prisoner on death row and a woman trapped in a dungeon. There is no set release date yet.
The second series is Citadel, a spy series that will premiere on Amazon Prime Video. He will be seen alongside Priyanka Chopra Jonas in the series.
In addition to those two series, Tucci also…