Tough Star Ugo Moni has been rushed to emergency back surgery after being forced to withdraw from Saturday’s show.
The former England rugby star, 38, who has partnered with OT Mabuse, underwent a procedure today and updated fans about his health from his hospital bed.
He said: “A quick update. Just got the procedure done and spoke to the doctor, she’s really happy with how everything went.
“A bit nervous, so go home and rest and get well over the next few days.
“I just want to wish all the contestants all the best. I am totally disappointed that I can’t dance this week, that I won’t be there.
“But can’t wait to get back and fly next week, so good luck everyone. I’ll be cheerleading from the couch. Take care and I’ll see you soon.”
Pro partner OT said on Instagram that the Strictly creator “has been very helpful in helping her get better”.
She added that “we are doing everything we can to get Yugo back on his fast feet and dancing again”.
Sports pundit announced his return yesterday, hours after fellow contestant Robert Webb stepped down.
Yugo said: “Unfortunately I am not going to be able to dance at the show this weekend. I have a history of back problems which have always been managed under the guidance of medical professionals.
“Unfortunately this week I am having some unwanted problems.
“I have been advised by medical professionals and with heavy support from Strictly to take some treatment and rest to ensure that I can bring myself back to full potential and be fit for the next week.
“Missing OT and I will not be dancing this weekend, but wish all the other contestants all the best.”
Earlier this week it was reported how Peep Show comedian Robert was forced to leave after a heart condition.
Peep Show star Webb, who had open heart surgery two years ago, announced he was pulling out of the program on Wednesday evening, saying he was advised by a doctor to quit after “feeling symptoms” during training. was given.
He said in a statement: “I am extremely sorry to announce that I am withdrawing from Strictly Come Dancing due to ill health.
“I had open heart surgery two years ago and although I was confident I was fit enough to take on Strictly and its demanding schedule, it became clear that I had chewed as much as I could for this stage in my recovery. He had cut more than that.
“I started feeling symptoms that led to an immediate consultation with my cardiologist, and it was his view that it would be better to withdraw from the show for the sake of my health.
“I’m proud of the three dances that Diane Buswell and I managed to perform and I’m deeply sorry to disappoint her like this.
“I couldn’t have wished for a more talented partner or a more patient teacher, and it’s a measure of Diane’s professionalism and kindness that I was able to reach as far as I could.”
He thanked the audience for voting for him and Buswell, adding that he was “particularly impressed by the support of fellow heart patients”.
“I think maybe I was too eager to impress them. They would know that recovery isn’t always in a straight line, and I hope they aren’t too frustrated that I run out of my range of flexibility too quickly. Gone. D hopeful,” he said.
“I leave knowing that Strictly audiences are in very safe hands and I’ll be cheering for my brother and sister contestants until Christmas.
“Despite this sad ending, it has been a real honor to be a part of this huge, joyous and barking crazy TV show. May this continue for a long time.”
Last weekend McFly star Tom Fletcher and partner Amy Dowden returned to the dancefloor after testing positive for the coronavirus.
When they were self-isolating, the two missed the show for a week.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the showbiz team?
Email [email protected] or call us directly on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.