Texas school shooter’s family claim he was bullied

- Advertisement -


The family of the suspected school shooter in Texas said Wednesday that he had been bullied before.

- Advertisement -

After four were wounded in the shootout, several family members of Timothy George Simpkins said the 18-year-old had had trouble with threats in the past.

Meanwhile, law enforcement officials are yet to ascertain the exact motive for the attack.

advertisement

Mr Simpkins was taken into custody after a shooting at Timberview High School in Arlington. The condition of one of the four injured in the firing is said to be critical, police said.

One of Simpkins’s cousins, Sint Wheat, posted on Facebook: “At the end of the day my little cousin was bullied. I don’t know how to feel about it. He’s not a bad kid.[sic]”

- Advertisement -

Carol Harrison Lafayette, who identified herself as a family member, said Mr Simpkins had been robbed before the shooting. He said: “He was robbed. It was recorded. This happened not once, but twice. He was scared, he was scared. “

Ms Lafayette said she “looks forward to graduating and doing something with her life.”

Mr Simpkins presented himself to officers about four hours after the shooting.

Police said there are three cases of serious assault on him.

Arlington Police confirmed that a video related to the attack circulated on social media appears to have been recorded inside Timberview High School, Dallas Morning News informed of.

However, Assistant Police Chief Kevin Colby said he was not “100 percent sure” that the video was taken on Wednesday.

Authorities did not reveal the identities of any of the victims of the shooting.

School officials have canceled Thursday classes at Timberview High School and Early College High School.

After-school activities and athletic events for Wednesday and Thursday were also cancelled.

Timberview football coach James Brown said the team still plans to play Friday’s varsity game at the University of Waco. Mr. Simpkins’ bail is set at $75,000.

“This is not a random act of violence,” Mr Colby said. “This is not someone attacking our schools. We believe it was a student who had a fight. “

He also said that “it’s going to be a long-term, ongoing investigation and crime scene process.”

.

Credit: www.independent.co.uk /

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories