Target will close every year on Thanksgiving
For many years, stores were open on Thanksgiving, allowing consumers to shop or run last-minute errands before they hit the feasting table.
However, to give their employees some well-deserved rest, especially for work during the pandemic, a growing number of retailers are closing their doors on vacation.
Some companies, such as Target, have decided to permanently close stores on Thanksgiving Day.
Here are the major retail or grocery stores that will close on November 25.
- best Buy
- bed bath and everything else
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- dick sporting goods
- home depot
- According to Publics, WRAL.
- Trader Joe’s, according to multiple reports.
- Walmart and Sam’s Club, which is owned by Walmart
However, some essential shops will remain open though hours may be limited.
Get Granthshala Business on the go by clicking here
Here are some of the major stores that will remain open:
- CVS: Many CVS pharmacy locations, including 24-hour sites, will be open with regular hours. However, some pharmacy hours may be reduced or closed, a CVS spokesperson told Granthshala Business.
- Walgreens: Most Walgreens stores will be open, but their operating hours will adjust from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Any store or pharmacy will be open 24-hours a day.
- Whole Foods: Hours may vary by location. Customers are encouraged to check with their local store online for updated hours.
- Wegmans: Stores will remain open with varying hours, except in Massachusetts, where stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and reopen at 6 a.m. on November 26, a spokesperson told Granthshala Business.
- Starbucks: Locations will be open, but store hours will vary by location.