Tourist family-of-four all die from ‘asphyxia’ in sauna at 5-star hotel

- Advertisement -


A family of four died during a vacation at a five-star hotel after reportedly suffering from “asphyxia”.

- Advertisement -

Mom, dad and two older children were found dead in and around the resort’s sauna complex at the Gloria Palace Hotel in Albania.

2
Gloria Palace Hotel is a five-star resort in Albaniacredit: east2west
Police engaged in investigation of four deaths

2
Police engaged in investigation of four deathscredit: east2west

Police launched an investigation as the parents, aged 60 and 59, died along with their daughter, 31, and her partner, 37.

advertisement

Mystery surrounds their deaths as they all perish within minutes of each other.

But one theory is being investigated that they all suffered from asphyxiation after recovering from the smoke.

- Advertisement -

Asphyxia is where the body doesn’t get enough oxygen and shuts down – and this can be caused by suffocating gases.

They had recently checked in at the hotel when they all went to the sauna complex and the pool area.

The family had ordered food and drinks and were waiting to be served after death.

The four were found by a waiter who had brought their drinks.

“I shouted several times that the drinks and fruit were ready,” a hotel employee was quoted by Albanian media as saying.

“No one answered, so I went inside the sauna and looked at them all.

“One person was lying on the Granthshala bed, two were on the (sauna) bench. The last one was sitting in the pool with his feet up.

“They [had] Everyone suffocated.”

The report said the entire hotel staff was questioned at a resort about 30 miles west of the capital, Tirana.

A source said: “They had arrived at the hotel an hour before the tragedy.”

An investigation was underway to determine whether there was a technical fault with the sauna system, or inadequate care of the tourists by the hotel staff.

The consumption of alcohol by the victims is also being investigated.

A police statement said: “The bodies of four people of Russian nationality were found in a sauna in Kavaza’s Keret around 10 pm.

“They all had asphyxiation.”

Online has contacted the hotel for comment.

Mum shares video of broken hotel glass door that cut daughter, who accidentally ran through it at Jet2-recommended hotel

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for the News Desk?

Email us at [email protected] or call us on 02077824104. You can whatsapp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload your

Click here to distribute the newsletter for free for the next six weeks.

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories