Jason Miller, a former Trump campaign strategist and post-White House spokesman for the 45th president, is stepping down from that role to take over as CEO of the tech start-up, a source familiar with his plans said late Thursday. Told the night post.
According to the source, while Miller is leaving his full-time day-to-day role as Trump’s spokesman, he will remain firmly in the former president’s orbit as Trump continues to weigh a bid to return to the White House in 2024. Huh.
Miller’s departure date and the company he would take over were not immediately known. However, the source indicated that the company Miller will own a social media platform that is under consideration for use by Trump.
The former president was banned from Twitter and suspended from Facebook after the deadly January 6 riots at the Capitol. Facebook announced last week that Trump’s suspension would be lifted at the earliest in January 2023.
Trump experimented briefly with a blog-style platform called “From Donald J. Trump’s Desk,” which enabled him to create posts that could be shared by other people on Facebook and Twitter, but this It was closed at the beginning of the month.
In March, Trump and former First Lady Melania Trump launched their official website, 45office.com, “to allow individuals to submit correspondence, scheduling requests and press inquiries.”
It was unclear who would replace Miller as Trump’s spokesman, but the source said the former president was already interviewing potential candidates.