Twitter temporarily restricts Gabby Petito Foundation page set up by family

- Advertisement -


A social media page belonging to the foundation created by Gabby Petito’s family was temporarily banned by Twitter on Sunday, but reinstated a day later.

- Advertisement -

The Gabby Petito Foundation’s Twitter page was created on Sunday as a tribute to the travel blogger who died under unknown circumstances during a cross country road trip with her boyfriend, Brian Laundry.

In their first post before Twitter banned the account, the family wrote: “The Gabby Petito Foundation is up and running! We have a lot of work to do, the website is just getting started so be patient with us, we’re there.” Will arrive. Thank you for all your support and love!”

advertisement

Within hours of its online presence, the page has amassed over 8,400 followers.

Moments later, the page was unreachable. However, it was reinstated on Monday morning after the verification formalities were completed.

- Advertisement -

Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, cited Twitter’s authentication policy as one of the reasons the page was temporarily banned.

“Sorry for the confusion as our page was being authenticated,” said a tweet posted on the foundation’s page on Monday.

Ms Schmidt said the many unverified pages on the micro-blogging site could be another reason behind the temporary ban.

Ms Schmidt had previously tweeted: “So our Gabby Petito Foundation page has been banned, most likely due to all fake pages.”

Pettito’s family decided to help those caught in similar tragedies dealing with a missing loved one with the aim of bringing “something positive” from the travel blogger’s death.

“The Gabby Petito Foundation is set to bring everlasting education, awareness, and prevention to life,” the foundation’s Twitter bio said. “Good must come from this tragedy, he ‘touched the world’,” it adds.

“We’re hoping that something good can happen in the future, through our tragedy of losing Gabby, that we can help other people who may be in it.” [a] Similar situation,” said Petito’s stepfather Joseph Petito.

Petito’s mysterious disappearance and subsequent death has led to a search for Mr. Laundry, who returned from a camping trip without him and is now missing.

The two were on a 2,328-mile-long journey that began in early July, covering the width of the country and several national parks along the way.

He documented his trips on social media including Instagram and YouTube. Evidence revealed that things later turned sour with several reports of physical abuse and altercations between the two.

The controversy gained attention after Ms Petito’s messages and calls to her family dwindled, sparking panic.

About two weeks later, Mr. Laundry returned to his parents’ home in Florida, then left again to visit the state’s “forgiving” Carlton Water Reserve Park and has not been traced since. Authorities, including the police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, have begun an investigation into the matter.

The hunt for Mr. Laundry has now entered its third week.

Former FBI agent Maureen O’Connell told Fox News on Thursday she believed Mr Laundry would be found alive.

“I feel that [Mr Laundrie] Going to find it, and he’ll be found alive,” she said. “All the information that’s been coming in for weeks now, as soon as you layer it on yourself, you can start to see all these things come to fruition.”

Credit: www.independent.co.uk / Gabby Petito

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories