Victims identified in Oxford school shooting that left 3 dead and 8 injured

- Advertisement -


Three students were shot dead and eight others injured after a high school in Michigan was closed to active shooter status.

- Advertisement -

Those killed in Tuesday’s shootings have been identified as 16-year-old Tate Myere, 17-year-old Madison Baldwin and 14-year-old Hanna St. Julian.

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said Maire died in a patrol car as a deputy tried to take him to the hospital. He was part of the Oxford High School junior football team.

advertisement

“It is with great sadness that one of the victims of the tragic events at OHS today was our own, Tate Myere. Tate had been at university since freshman year and was an honor student. Tate was a great young man with a bright future and Was loved by all, ”the football team wrote on its Facebook page.

Seven other students aged 14 to 17, including a 14-year-old girl on a ventilator after surgery, remained hospitalized with gunshot wounds. The teacher was discharged from the hospital due to a shoulder injury.

- Advertisement -

Mr Bouchard said the gunshot wounds were so severe that there was no time to wait for an ambulance. “This wound will never heal,” he said.

A 15-year-old student was detained for allegedly setting a school on fire in Oxford Township, a community of about 22,000 people located about 48 km north of Detroit.

“There was no protest during the arrest and the suspect asked for a lawyer and made no statement as to a motive,” the sheriff’s office said.

A semi-automatic handgun and several clips were recovered from the suspect. Officials said his father had bought a 9mm Sig Sauer pistol on November 26, from which 15-20 bullets were fired inside the school.

On Tuesday evening, law enforcement seized several guns from the suspect’s family home on East Street near the school.

A shooting threat was reportedly broadcast on the high school campus before Tuesday’s fatal stampede.

Robin Redding, the mother of 12th grade student Treshaan Bryant, told the Associated Press that her son chose to stay home on that fateful day because she and her younger cousins ​​had a “bad feeling” that violence might ensue.

Treshan said he had heard about vague threats about shooting plans “for a long time”.

President Joe Biden offered condolences to the families of the victims. “As we learn the full details, my heart goes out to the families who are going through the unimaginable grief of losing a loved one. You should know that that entire community must be in a state of shock right now,” the president said. he said.

In the meantime, a fundraiser has been created on GoFundMe for the victims.

Credit: www.independent.co.uk / Oxford

- Advertisement -
Mail Us For  DMCA / Credit  Notice

Recent Articles

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

Related Stories