The shocking photos show the moment a young woman struggled to move after drinking alcohol at night.
Student Ilana El-Baz, 20, was “completely paralyzed” when she returned home with friends three weeks prior to a night in Bristol.
Struggling to climb the stairs she is seen slipping on the stairs while her head falls into the railing as she rolls her eyesAfter the alleged spiking incident.
her boyfriend recorded the terrible episode andA student at the University of Bristol allowed the BBC to broadcast a clip showing the dangers of spiking.
It comes amid a worrying increase in women reporting incidents of spiking across the UK – an alarming trend with people being injected with drugs.
Ilana believes she was stopped by a fellow club, who approached her and asked her to dance.
“The moment I told him I was with my boyfriend, he completely left me,” she explained.
“An hour later I went back home and it hit and I was completely paralyzed.”
The 20-year-old said she felt “lucky I was with my friends” followed by her horrifying reaction.
She urged clubs to do more to prevent incidents of spiking and suggested that drinks be served with lids – similar to takeaway coffee cups – to reduce the risk of them getting laced.
“The fact that they are is not shocking,” Ilana continued.
Her experience is one of several reported in recent weeks, including fears that young women are being targeted by spiking.
A string of Brits have shared horrific stories of being pricked by a needle while clubbing.
Home Secretary Priti Patel has ordered an immediate update from the police on the spiking “epidemic” after repeated reports.
“Try Extra to Help the Girls”
A female taxi driver revealed that she had to take five girls to the hospital as a result of drinking alcohol in a week.
Carol Houchin, 45, said she has to “go the extra mile to help the girls” amid a related increase in incidents.
One student narrated how she started vomiting and almost collapsed the night before the pin was pricked in her hand and later had no memory of the evening.
Sarah Buckley, 19, was out with friends on Fresher’s Week when her hand started throbbing and was later taken to the hospital.
She described her “shock” and “disgust” about feeling that she most likely had the injections because she had parted ways with friends.
“I knew I had clearly been numbed, but it would never have occurred to me, it was through injections if my arm wasn’t beating. I thought how? I never take a drink from the bar.”
“You think the spiking has to do with your drink, you don’t think something will go into your body.”
Another 19-year-old student from the University of Nottingham shared a nearly identical story about being spiked with injections.
Zara Owen went out with friends at Prezum nightclub on October 11th and can only remember the moment she entered the club and went to the bar.
The teenager believes he may have been stabbed after experiencing complete memory loss and pain in his leg, which he thinks may have been caused by a needle injection.
Night Time Industries Association CEO Michael Kiel said he was “very concerned” about the flood of reports and called the Home Office to work with the industry to tackle the problem.